Way Ot- Look At My New Babies :)

Lounge By flayvurdfun Updated 30 Oct 2005 , 2:59pm by flayvurdfun

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 11:41am
post #1 of 33

Got them yesterday......I am so excited!!!!!
LL

32 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 11:49am
post #2 of 33

They are beautiful thumbs_up.gif Flavy, but you know the rules...no faces in the pics!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Janice

flayvurdfun Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 11:50am
post #3 of 33

YOU GOT ME THERE JANICE!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif They were supposed to have black faces...but they were too hard to come by right now, and when they brought me back to the backroom to see them, to see if I still I wanted them, I stooped down and fell in love....they were so very pretty, and very tropical looking that I couldnt say no.... but wanted hubby to see them before I actually bought them. When he seen them, he said "honey they are your birds, whatever you want you can get" (he wanted a masculine looking bird, thats why we "ordered" black masked lovebirds) but once I got them home and in their cage HE was the one that couldnt stop looking and talking to them!!!!! I am just so excited!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea if they are male or female, but I dont care either way....but the names we had THOUGHT we were going to name them doesnt fit (Shotze and Zazu) now I have to name them.....anyone have ideas?

veejaytx Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 11:54am
post #4 of 33

They really are beautiful, what breed did you say they are? Janice

flayvurdfun Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 11:58am
post #5 of 33

They are Fischer Lovebirds....

veejaytx Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 12:10pm
post #6 of 33

I don't blame you for falling in love with them! It is great how they match your avatar photo.

I do think they look like sherbert with their coloring, so maybe some flavors would work... pistacio and persimmon (I think that is orange!), or something like that.

Have fun with them. Janice

flayvurdfun Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 12:14pm
post #7 of 33

Hmmm, I actually like those names...

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 12:16pm
post #8 of 33

Unfortunately, I am not an animal lover but your birds are really pretty...love the coloring.

As Janice said, the names should be geared towards colors.

Congrats on your new babies thumbs_up.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 12:17pm
post #9 of 33

They're so pretty! Sweet babies... icon_smile.gif

flayvurdfun Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 12:21pm
post #10 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

It is great how they match your avatar photo.
Have fun with them. Janice

Yeah isnt that funny? It must have been destined to be the ones I got.... at the time I couldnt find black masked avatar, so I took this one.....
I found out how much it is going to cost to do everything to these birds to make sure they arent sick etc.... WOW! The same as it is for our two beagles!!!

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 12:36pm
post #11 of 33

i have a lovebird tooo!!

Aren't they just precious icon_rolleyes.gif

AND..i used to have a beagle...but she got sick at about 6 or 7 yrs old and icon_cry.gif that was that icon_cry.gif
LL
LL

flayvurdfun Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 12:41pm
post #12 of 33

how old?

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 12:43pm
post #13 of 33

awwwwwww all your babies are so cute!!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 12:48pm
post #14 of 33

They're so pretty!! Congrats on your new babies icon_smile.gif

flayvurdfun Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 1:48pm
post #15 of 33

thank you so so much! Can you tell I'm excited? icon_lol.gif

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 5:01pm
post #16 of 33

They are so adorable.!! I love the colours on them. In August my neighbour got married and she took pictures with her parrot. The colours were very similar, the only difference is that hers had more baby blue in it. Ever since I saw that bird its given me the itch to get one!!

I don't think my MIL would like it too much though. icon_lol.gif Oh well I guess I'll have to wait til we get our own place.

mami2sweeties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mami2sweeties Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 5:06pm
post #17 of 33

Cuties!

I used to have birds. They were parakeets. Their names were Cookie and Lemonade. Cookie was blue and Lemonade was yellow/green.

I miss those loud birds.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 5:15pm
post #18 of 33

I love your new babies! As a Vet Tech I must remind you NO TEFLON coated pans!! They put off vapors that are ok for us but if over heated or something burns in them ( maybe I am the only one with that problem) They can mean disaster for your fine feathered friends!

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 5:19pm
post #19 of 33

Oh cool! I love birds but with some reason I can't have them.
Enjoy with your little buddies. They are absolutely adorable.

Congratulations!!!

Nitu

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 5:44pm
post #20 of 33

beautiful birds!! I absolutely adore birds.....they are so smart! I can see what's coming up.....a birdy cake maybe??

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 6:29pm
post #21 of 33

Thanks for sharing them with us thier soo beautiful !

How much would birds like this usually cost I hope you don't mind me asking icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

They are somthing I would like to have some day !!
And as in food wise what do you get for them ??
Do they like sunny rooms -quit areas what could you tell us about them ???

Mibowhunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mibowhunter Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 7:46pm
post #22 of 33

I kind of figured you would show the new additions to the family to your friends here.....
I still can't believe I bought them for you.... they aren't bucks! icon_lol.gif
ILY

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 9:19pm
post #23 of 33

They are beautiful. I love birds. I got one a few months ago by accident. I was outside smoking a cigarette when a quaker landed on my head. He adopted me more than anything else. We placed adds in the paper to see if anyone was missing one but no one resonded so he is ours now. We call him trouble because the first day we had him DH was eating a piece of cake and he flew over and started to eat the icing off his cake so hubby said that he is causing trouble so thats how he got his name,

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 10:45pm
post #24 of 33

awwwwwwwwww they are so beautiful....
congrats...........I want one know ....

flayvurdfun Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 2:28am
post #25 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellepal

beautiful birds!! I absolutely adore birds.....they are so smart! I can see what's coming up.....a birdy cake maybe??

actually I WAS thinking about doing one! icon_wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

I love your new babies! As a Vet Tech I must remind you NO TEFLON coated pans!! They put off vapors that are ok for us but if over heated or something burns in them ( maybe I am the only one with that problem) They can mean disaster for your fine feathered friends!

I have heard that!!!! thumbs_up.gif Thanks for keeping my mind fresh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigil

Thanks for sharing them with us thier soo beautiful !
How much would birds like this usually cost I hope you don't mind me
asking icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif
They are somthing I would like to have some day !!
And as in food wise what do you get for them ??
Do they like sunny rooms -quit areas what could you tell us about them ???

these Fischers were 69.99 each... the most expensive thing SO FAR is the cage!!! $140.00 (all my husbands doing....not mine) right now the are eating fresh fruits and veggies, and a seed food called "forti-diet" its labelled for cockateils but recommended for lovebirds too... what will cost me the most will be the vet bills.....supposedly I shouldnt have any problems but to get EVERYTHING done for them except the DNA testing to find out if they are female/male will be like 500.00 total, that is for both birds not one thank goodness!!!! we will get the important things done and one by one get the others....supposedly they are only 3-4 months old....

the one problem I have now is NAMES! icon_twisted.gificon_rolleyes.gif SO I guess its time to start making cakes and selling them to pay for it huh? icon_lol.gif
edited to say, "We did finally come up with names, Peaches and Patches."

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 2:18am
post #26 of 33

Thanks so much for the info thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

By the way ..... Great names thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

icingqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingqueen Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 2:35am
post #27 of 33

How cute...I love them. Lovebirds are so pretty!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 4:27am
post #28 of 33

Congrats! I have three Fischers lovebirds and they're awesome. I especially love it when they chat it up with our two parakeets (Petey and Tweety). My pair of Fischers is named Harriet and George and my single Fischers is names Skittles. We have a blue and gold macaw named Sprocket.

Many people tell me my house sounds like a pet store with all the bird chatter. icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats on your beautiful babies!

~ Sherri

BTW, I cook with Teflon coated Calphalon pans all the time. You really need to overheat the crap out of them while they're empty to release the harmful fumes.

flayvurdfun Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 10:31am
post #29 of 33

Whoa cakepro! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif wow, that is a lot of birds....I am sure your house sounds like a shop!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 2:01pm
post #30 of 33

LOL, my husband and all of our children are allergic to anything with fur. We've tried it all...cat, dog, ferrets, sugar gliders, bunnies...we can only have pets that slither, swim, or fly. icon_smile.gif

Are your lovebirds hand-tamed? I hope you have a male-female pair. The pair that was sold to me as a mated pair are actually both the same sex. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%