My First Fbct!

Decorating By busymom9501 Updated 8 Feb 2007 , 2:01am by Wendoger

busymom9501 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9501 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 7

Here is my first FBCT! I was pretty happy with it being my first time! Of course NOW I know what I can do different for next time. I'm hoping I post the picture right but if not, it's on my photo page. I put the white icing all over the back before freezing but NOW realize I should have done some brown along the bottom to make it look like dirt.
LL

6 replies
caixa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caixa Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 7

It turned out great!! Can't tell is your 1st one at all.

pickles777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pickles777 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 7

I think that looks really great! Im getting ready to do my first FBCT, any newbie advice?

chaniliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaniliz Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 7

I think is very good and I understand your consern, but to me is looks great and if I had to pay for it I would not even noticed.
Lizzie

weberm05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weberm05 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 7

Looks great!

busymom9501 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9501 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 7

I think the thing that helped the MOST was having a clear cutting board to work on. I had my wax paper on that and when I thought I was finished I could hold it up and see where I needed to smooth or cover up spots.

Thanks for all the complments guys! And would you believe as soon as I dropped it off they cut into it?! I BARELY had time to get pics of it!

I feel bad for all those years I cut in to pretty birthday cakes without giving much thought to the time it took! ha.

I also had one lady who's only comment was "Yeah, I make cakes too." lol I was THINKING to myself "then why didn't she ask YOU to make the cake?" hehe.

BUT, I LOVE making cakes and silly comments won't stop me!

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 2:01am
post #7 of 7

Ugh....I cant stand people who make comments like that! Like its no big deal, oh yeah, sure, I can do it....blah blah blah....
Your first fbct looks fantastic! I just did my first last week...yours looks better!!! But with time, I will improve icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%