3 D Pumpkin Cake Please I Need Advice

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 27 Oct 2005 , 9:16pm by Molly2

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 4:59am
post #1 of 5

I need some advice I am making a 3D Pumpkin cake I want to put it on top of a 10 inch round cake I am making all the cakes out of pound cake my question is Should I put dowels in the pumpkin going though the round cake or just in the round cake with a small circle of card broad between the round cake and card board I will have to transport this cake to a school that is about a mile away from my home please help

Theresa
icon_smile.gif

4 replies
gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 5:03am
post #2 of 5

Okay, I obviously don't have much experience with tiers but, I would say dowel the bottom cake with the round cake board and then transport the cakes separately and tier them when you get there.

Just a thought.

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 6:30am
post #3 of 5

Since I've had a few mishaps involving doweling that should have been done but wasn't I would err on the side of caution and stick a dowel through the whole thing. All it takes is hitting the brakes a little too hard and the pumpkin will go flying. No it's not likely that will happen in the space of a mile, but you never know. icon_biggrin.gif

KrazyKross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyKross Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 5

I would definitely be on the safe side and dowel both below the cake and then at least one through both cakes. It's much easier to transport and provides added stability.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 27 Oct 2005 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 5

Thank You so much for all of your help

Theresa thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%