Need Help With Pictures!

Decorating By diane Updated 15 Mar 2005 , 7:33pm by diane

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 12

oh fooey! icon_cool.gif i have some pictures that i wanted to post in the gallery, but they were taken with a regular camera, didn't have a digital at that time. i scanned them and added it to my documents. i tried to upload them, but it said that it will not take them because they are not jpg, etc. whatever that means. icon_confused.gif i'm not a computer whiz. does anyone know what i can do, and what all that computer talk is??? icon_cry.gif

11 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 12

Do you have a program to edit pictures? See if it can change your picture format to JPEG.

If you don't have a good editing program, try this one. It's free and fantastic. It supports BMP, RLE, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and Targa.
http://www.photofiltre.com/

To convert your photos to JPEG, just go up to File, choose Save As. Where it says Save As Type: choose JPEG.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 12

You can do what Lisa stated in Paint. (Which every windows pc should have.)

diane Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 12

thanks a bunch guys. icon_lol.gif i do have paint! how do you do it there?

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 10:56pm
post #5 of 12

The same way...open your picture, click on file, click on save as and then where it says save as type choose JPEG. If you can't open your picture in Paint, then the format isn't supported and you might want to try Photofiltre.

diane Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 3:01pm
post #6 of 12

man o man, i can't believe i missed that. icon_surprised.gif it was right there in front of my eyes. well, i'm gonna blame it on my husband, he knew how my pictures were being saved and even mentioned other ways! icon_cool.gif i'm gonna kill him. icon_biggrin.gif thanks for the help!!! icon_lol.gif

diane Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 3:23pm
post #7 of 12

yes!!! icon_lol.gif i did it! i posted one of my pictures in the baby shower section. i will post more, but i gotta go. i have cakes i have to go do!!!
thanks for the help!!! icon_lol.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 12

You are such a busy lady Diane.... more retirement cakes or are they birthday? what?? You are going to post right????? icon_lol.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 3:46pm
post #9 of 12

Good job on the cake and on posting it!

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 4:19pm
post #10 of 12

When you're saving your scanned pictures, it should also give you a choice of which format to save them in. Most do, not all.... yours may not, but check it out. you may have to go under advanced options.

diane Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 7:31pm
post #11 of 12

i've finished posting some of my cakes that i did before i had a digital camera. thanks to all who helped me figure this out. i have more, but i don't have time to upload anymore for now...i'll post 'em another time. icon_lol.gif i can't remember where i put all of them, so just click on my profile to see them.

diane Posted 15 Mar 2005 , 7:33pm
post #12 of 12

cali4dawn, thanks for the help. icon_lol.gif i've figured it out now!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%