Sugar Rush

Decorating By psurrette Updated 29 Oct 2005 , 11:39am by vitade

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 6:37pm
post #31 of 44

Yep, maybe it was just nerves...let's see what the 'growing pains" bring forth.

HE is a cutie pie though..lol

Maybe he just needs some caffeine to get him going..lol

ThePastryDiva Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 6:40pm
post #32 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarCreations

Oooooooops I guess I stuck my big foot in my mouth huh, Sorry IHATEFONDANT I misunderstood you. Ought to read more carefully I would not do that stuff. I did'nt really hijack it I just misread it, sorry.

You didn't stick anything anywhere...and most people don't read the posts before answering them anyway...don't even bother going back to the beginning to see what the treads origin is all about..

Don't take it personally, when I said we highjack posts left and right and it keeps things interesting..I wasn't pointing any fingers!..as when I point a finger...3 point right back at me..

So, relax!..keep posting..and so what you go off subject once in a while? Don't we all?--lol

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 6:42pm
post #33 of 44

icon_eek.gif Hmmm,,,,,I thought the show was great!! Except for one small thing I saw and that was that Dave's Cake Cannon with the fondant. It looked like he just "slopped" the fondant on. The seams didn't look nice.

I also liked how we were shown other towns, and other cake wiz's who showed their talents too..Especially that "just dessert" bar!! WHOA!!!!

I couldn't wait for the show to start.........

ThePastryDiva Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 6:50pm
post #34 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdummy2

Especially that "just dessert" bar!! WHOA!!!!

I couldn't wait for the show to start.........

That's too funny...I made that a "concept" in one of my projects last year....I have it all written up and where it should go..and who and how it will be worked...

Now I'm looking for a backer....but they raised the desserts to another level...it was pure theater!

I'm moving to Atlantic City..lol

TheCakeShak Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 6:52pm
post #35 of 44

icon_lol.gif Pastry Diva............Your too funny!!!!!!!! LOL..........

ThePastryDiva Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 6:58pm
post #36 of 44

[quote="crashdummy2"] Dave's Cake Cannon with the fondant. It looked like he just "slopped" the fondant on. The seams didn't look nice.

quote]

and did you SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE how he "cut" it to serve? the look on the people's face was priceless..

Oh it doesn't taste a BIT like SULPHER>..lhahahha!

TheCakeShak Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 7:19pm
post #37 of 44

icon_lol.gif Pastry Diva......Yep, I did see that!!!!! The look on the other peoples faces was like: "Do YOU REALLY" want to eat cake now after that?"
And how they weren't really eating that cake? I'll bet it DID have the taste and smell of sulpher.......Ever since that DAVE guy won third place on the spooky cake contest show on Food Network, it seems (to me) that is, that he has a "dry"humor..He is talented, but dry........does that make any sense? And it seems that he is mostly a fondant dude........oh well,,hmmmmm

Have a great weekend!!!!! usaribbon.gif

ThePastryDiva Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 7:25pm
post #38 of 44

oh YEAAAAAAAH that's where he's from. I watched that...Spooky cake and candy thing.

Saw that when he was really pushed he stressed to the point that he was no longer laughing and asked the cameras to leave him alone..lol

and that burn he had on his hand...?!! was that from the cannon cake??? huuummmmmm?!?!? I wonder..lol

I've seen his web site and his cakes are amazing...and he has a "shop" background that's why he's so into his "TOOLS"...another thing that makes me go ...hummmm!??

So...here is this dude that'a making these wonderful cakes but..he still wants to "appear" macho so he's setting things on fire and bringing his POWER TOOLS to the mix..lol

*Diva living too long close to South Beach..hehehe

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 10:23pm
post #39 of 44

I watch the show and liked it. I am hoping that as it moves further in the season that it will also give more details on how things are done. As far as the canon cake I would not eat it. He has a bit of down to earth personality. I did see the show about his shops and his cakes are sloppy but he is a baker not a cake decorator I think. Will watch a few more episodes to see if it does get better will have to play it by ear.

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 10:38pm
post #40 of 44

I'm still waiting to see the whole thing but I did catch a little. I like seeing people make desserts even if they don't give the details. Sometimes you just need a little something to make that lightbulb in your head go off. I did think his demeanor was a little stiff but after all it's his first time on TV for real (other than the interviews on Oprah and whatever other show he was on) so hopefully he'll loosen up as he gets more comfortable.

When he was on Oprah he said he likes his desserts to look homemade, I think so his customers can pass them off as their own. I imagine he gets lots of business that way, but that would probably not go over too well with our group icon_lol.gif

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 10:38pm
post #41 of 44

i was just wondering, the host of sugar rush had his own shop. i watched a thing on food network about sucessful businesses...cant remember the name, but they kinda follow the start of a business and show you how they are doing and what decisions they make, and if they ever make a profit. anyway, the host had a cake shop CAKE LOVE and it showed him as his business grew. he got known because of the food network or maybe a food magizine now, his shop seemed to be successful and turning a profit. i just saw that last week. anyway does anyone know if he runs his shop and host the show? or just hosting now? i was just wondering. also, he started out making cakes for $20.00 each, and wasnt making a profit. after he was well known he sold them for $50.00 each and had orders for like 40 per day. the shows name is recipe for sucess. it was intresting.
melody

booberfrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
booberfrog Posted 28 Oct 2005 , 10:54pm
post #42 of 44

I just looked up the site for Warren Brown and he sales just a lain looking cake for 95-100 dollars!!! Must be verry good cake.
I also looked up Duff Goldman and his cakes are amazing!
He has a lot of very differant flavors to , like iced coffee and tea!
http://www.charmcitycakes.com/
Hopefully that works.
I hope one day I can be half as good as he is!

copperppot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
copperppot Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 10:06am
post #43 of 44

Aye, you can be.With a lot of practice. Sometimes I wonder where they get the hosts for these shows, must just pull them off the street.

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 11:39am
post #44 of 44

My husband always asks me that. "how did they get a show" You know the old saying "It's who ya know" I think someone sees something in them whether it's looks, appeal, personality,talent or maybe a combo. Like Racheal Ray, she isn't a chef, no formal training at all and look at how well she's doing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%