Does Anyone Have A Rectangular Top Turntable???

Decorating By qtkaylassweets Updated 7 Feb 2007 , 3:14am by Teekakes

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 29

If so, do you like it? I am looking into getting one of these but I am not sure if I should put the money into it.

OPPS, I mean rectangular top

28 replies
mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 29

I have seen that someone on here has one and she loved it. I would love one too, but not right now.

Rachel

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 29

are you talking about the reversible turntable (link below). I have this one and I love it. Great for circle cakes and sheets cakes.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=1725

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 29

That is neat but where does the reversable part come into play. This would definately be handy when doing sheet cakes.

Linda icon_smile.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 29

I really like mine, it is made of heavy Formica and is round on one side, turn it over and it is a rectangle on the other. Nice ball bearing movement too.
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=3&productId=1725

Oh, Leana beat me to it. That's two of us who recommend this turntable.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 29

I have one that I made myself...I'm a DIY person icon_biggrin.gif Mine is much taller...less strain on my back and neck with a great height for writing on the sides. thumbs_up.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 5:54pm
post #7 of 29

That'd be very handy to have. I use my flat turntable from Wilton and it works good for me, but it isn't raised like the one from country kitchen. I have to put something sturdy underneath to bring it up closer for detail work. If I had the $ I'd get this reversable one.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 5:58pm
post #8 of 29

I LOVE IT!!!!

dunce.gif This is how dumb I am. I had the board forever using the round part. Then one day my accident I noticed you can flip it over and use it for rectangle cakes. icon_redface.gif I felt so dumb.

Now that I have it I don't think I could decorated without it.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:03pm
post #9 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by leana

are you talking about the reversible turntable (link below). I have this one and I love it. Great for circle cakes and sheets cakes.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=1725

I like it, I think I will buy one, I do lots of sheets.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:06pm
post #10 of 29

Hmmm that looks great to have! Thanks for the tip ladies!

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:08pm
post #11 of 29

If you have the heavy metal turntable (Ateco makes one) it is easy to make it into one for sheets. Just use a board and a piece of the non-slip shelf liner. voila - rectangular turntable. But having said that, I have both the Ateco and a reversable. I use them both.

cakekrayzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekrayzie Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:11pm
post #12 of 29

i got one for christmas and don't know how i got along with out one. icon_wink.gif

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:15pm
post #13 of 29

First time I am seeing that type of turntop table.
I will surely go get one.

Thanks
Nitu

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:22pm
post #14 of 29

That one is very cool! I might need that...

I have tilting one that I use for most small cakes, even rectangle. I also have an enormous rectangle that is actually a TV turntable. I was afraid the TV would get knocked off, with my wild children! Now I use it for large cakes of any shape.

msmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmith Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:24pm
post #15 of 29

I have always used a board on top of my heavy metal turn table for big sheets. Also - for wedding cakes and other cakes with a lot of work on the sides...I set the turntable up on a white pail...the kind you can usually pick up from a bakery. That makes it just about the right height for me. But I'm 5'10"...so I elevate a lot of cakes. If I don't - I end up with a back ache.

candycakes412 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candycakes412 Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:30pm
post #16 of 29

thumbs_up.gif i have the one also from country kitchen, round on one side and rectangular on other, very nice.

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:39pm
post #17 of 29

can someone tell me how "tall" this turntable is? meaning how far is it elevated from the counter. and about how big is it? is the round side the standard size of turntables and is the rectangular side the size of a 1/4 sheet. just curious about the dimensions, I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while. TIA

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:45pm
post #18 of 29

I have one and it's an invaluable tool for me! I love it!!! It stands 4 inches high. The round part is 14" round and the rectangle part is 14" x 20", which is what I call a 1/2 sheet.

It's totally worth the money!
KimAZ

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:47pm
post #19 of 29

Wow!! Ok, now I have to get one.
I was looking at the ateco one but now that I see that other one and it is MUCH cheeper!
This is the one I was looking at
http://cooksdream.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=614&Category_Code=REVOLVING&Product_Count=4

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 6:55pm
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

I have one and it's an invaluable tool for me! I love it!!! It stands 4 inches high. The round part is 14" round and the rectangle part is 14" x 20", which is what I call a 1/2 sheet.

It's totally worth the money!
KimAZ

Thanks KimAZ! Dimensions helped finalize my decision - gotta get me one of those! I swear, everytime I come on this site I'm off to buying something new. If only my husband really knew how much I was spending.... tapedshut.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 8:14pm
post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkaylassweets

Wow!! Ok, now I have to get one.
I was looking at the ateco one but now that I see that other one and it is MUCH cheeper!
This is the one I was looking at
http://cooksdream.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=614&Category_Code=REVOLVING&Product_Count=4

That one is smaller and much more expensive. Boy putting a cake board on a smaller turntable would scare me, I would think the cake might crack or tip off the side from the weight.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 8:51pm
post #22 of 29

I'd like to find the reversable one in a store somewhere and save the s/h.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 8:57pm
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

I'd like to find the reversable one in a store somewhere and save the s/h.

That would be even better. thumbs_up.gif

polliwawg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
polliwawg Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 9:05pm
post #24 of 29

I have 2 that I bought at an auction for 40 dollars. I love them! I will never go back to round. The rectangles hold more weight and have been invaluable for the BIG cakes.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 6 Feb 2007 , 9:33pm
post #25 of 29

Like bkdcakes, I use an old turntable meant for a Tv. I was looking all over for a big turntable, and one day, my DH was cleaning in the garage, and brought it in to me. I was like, DUH!! dunce.gif I've had it for years and never thought of using it for cakes. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 2:47am
post #26 of 29

I also have the one from Country Kitchen, and I can't imagine life without it. I highly recommend it!! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 2:52am
post #27 of 29

I love mine! I have the one that is round on one side and rectangular on the bottom! Best money I ever spent!

milal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milal Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 2:55am
post #28 of 29

That looks very good! Thank you for telling us about it. I'm going to have to try it!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 3:14am
post #29 of 29

[quote="zoraya"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

Thanks KimAZ! Dimensions helped finalize my decision - gotta get me one of those! I swear, everytime I come on this site I'm off to buying something new. If only my husband really knew how much I was spending.... tapedshut.gif

You just cracked me up! My husband was standing here in the office when I was reading this and I told him I have to have one of these reversible turntables. He said "how much do those cost"? I told him 38 plus shipping and he said he could go eat three bbq rib dinners for what that turntable would cost by the time it got here! HAHAHAHAHA! I smiled and told him to eat salad!!!
icon_lol.gif
Lea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%