Cake Divas Ww#4

Lounge By blittle6 Updated 28 Oct 2005 , 12:18pm by pandora3799

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 37

WOW!! Week 4 already!! I hope all of you had a great week!!!

Berta

36 replies
TinaRe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinaRe Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 37

let's see here i am going to weigh now and let's see it seems as if I have lost only a half pound. But I wasn't really trying like i should! this week will be better... I don't like to eat much cake anymore, now if I could get the chocloate addiction I would be fine! LOL Better luck next weeks weigh in!

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 37

I have gained weight again. I am up to 245 again. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I guess I will have to try harder this week.

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 37

I lost a pound. I'm pleased since I had a cake class all day Sat. and was snacking alot on scraps...ALOT. It was good. The class was with Bronwen Weber and she said the cake was just a pound cake for sculpting so it wasn't the best tasting. I found it scrumptious myself.

Anyway, happy with one pound. Want 2 for next week.

TinaRe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinaRe Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 37

ok, forgot to update my tracker! oops!

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 37

ok ladies i think i lost 3 more pounds. lol i forget what my weigh in was last week so its was either 2 or 3 pounds!!!!!! im sooo happy

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 4:57pm
post #7 of 37

Hi
Actually I have to post my weight on tomorrow. But I decided to post it today.
Because last week I didnt lose my weight, but now I got my wagon back on track and I lost 5 ponds. thumbs_up.gif. Last week my weight was 156.
I am excited and thanks to you all and especially thanks to Berta, It is possible because of you.
Thanks again.

Here I am..

Thanks
Nitu

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 37

Carla - since you're working out with weights a lot, it might be a good idea to get out your measuring tape and take your measurements. When I do it I do hips, waist, bust, thigh, calf and arm. It might help you figure out if you're putting on fat or muscle.

blittle6 Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 6:00pm
post #9 of 37

WOW Nitu and Susan whatb BIG LOSERS you 2 are this week!! LOL! I weigh in WEdnesday, and I have been sticking to my healthy eating this week! Gdixon you go girl you are doing great also.

If you are exercising I bet you are losing inches....sometimes those aren't as satisfying as the pounds!

We are all doing so good just to be weighing in and checking in! I am glad we can do this together!!

Berta

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 6:02pm
post #10 of 37

me too having to report to you guys is helping me stay on track. what a great idea this is!!!!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 6:28pm
post #11 of 37

icon_cry.gif

Gained 1.2 pounds! Yikes! I didn't even make any cakes last week! And since I am making 3 Halloween cakes this week, I don't think next week will be any better!

blittle6 Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 6:29pm
post #12 of 37

Try to stick with it Cathy! It's hard when your baking, but you can do it! Be sure to keep track of everything u eat. You will be surprised how much a little something here and there will add up to.

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 24 Oct 2005 , 7:44pm
post #13 of 37

You can do it Cathy. You can do anything if you really put your mind to it. Don't give up. icon_biggrin.gif And most important, don't forget that we are here to support you!!

pandora3799 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pandora3799 Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 12:05pm
post #14 of 37

I am changing my weigh in day to Friday. The weekend kills, and having monday be my weigh in day... it shows. So maybe if I see a loss on Friday, I will do a little better on the weekend. I really want to fit into my holiday clothes by Thanks giving. I think 10 pounds will do it.

Pandora

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 12:10pm
post #15 of 37

Thanks for the encouragement you guys icon_biggrin.gif

I've started chewing gum while decorating, and it is making a big difference in how much icing I am "tasting".

blittle6 Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 3:07pm
post #16 of 37

That is a great idea Cathy....Minty gum would eliminate the yummy factor of the icing!!

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 3:17pm
post #17 of 37

Hey ... can I join in? I've been losing for about 11 weeks now but I still have a LOT to go... and where do you get those tickers? They're great!

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 3:23pm
post #18 of 37

Yay! I'm posting in the right thread! ok, my apologies to Berta, I wasn't trying to seperate from the group, but it was HARD to find this thread. I looked all over the place! I did good for the most part, but I had a little discouragement and my excercise days were a challenge for 1/2 of the week due to uncontrollable circumstances. However, I did excercise, just not my usual hard-core way. Oh well, I lost 2 lbs. this week. Onward and downward!
Thanks again for your encouragement! It's because of you guys, I'll stick with it!

Also, welcome to group MelC! Here's a link to the weight loss tracker: http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php

I forgot to post my bar. icon_redface.gif

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 3:44pm
post #19 of 37

Okay, here's what I'm doing...

I started losing weight about 3 years ago when I was at an all-time high of 245, but got pregnant after losing 30 pounds (YAY) Did great during the pregnancy (was 2 lbs heavier than b4 at 2 wks pp) BUT, during the time I was nursing (2 yrs) I gained back about 20 icon_sad.gif . In August I started back again (at 234) and I'm down 25 pounds so far.

I'm going to Herbal Magic and using their diet & supplements, I'm doing yoga a couple of times a week, an I'm planning to go back to belly dancing in the new year. I HATE gym-type exercising (really bores me) so my exercise has to be different icon_smile.gif

PS ... the people at HM have said that losing more than about 2 pounds a week makes it much harder to keep it off!

Thanks for the welcome!!

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 5:43pm
post #20 of 37

Well I had a very busy week I was painting a nursery for my son and daughter in law all last week so think that is why I lost weight..It wasnt that I was really watching what I was eating..but a few evenings I was so tired I didnt even have the strength to snack..LOL
Thr nursery turned out really cute.. I painted the walls green and yellow and painted frogs, turtles , butterflies and daisies all around as a border.. I am sooooo anxious for this baby.. our first grandchild.. Making the baby shower cake this week and I will post some pics.. I've been having so much fun making babies out of MMF.. I can't wait to get the cake finished..
Liz

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 5:55pm
post #21 of 37

congrats on your new grandbaby, Liz. I have decided to do the measurement thing so here we go

Hips-51"
waist-44 1/2"
bust-46"

Now i will take it every week and my weight and see what happenes.

cake77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake77 Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 6:14pm
post #22 of 37

Hi! I hope that everyone doesn't mind if I join in also. I started the South Beach Diet on Sept. 11, and did very well until the last 2 weeks, but thought that if I did this with the rest of you that it would make it easier. I usually do my weigh in on Sunday morning. I not only need to loose this weight to feel better about myself, but also for medical reasons as I have a heart condition, and at 46 I have to keep ahead of it.

Wilma

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 7:10pm
post #23 of 37

Hey everyone. Sorry I missed last weeks posting and I am rushing out the door to pick up my son from preschool. But I am excited! I lost 2 lbs so far! Need to update my bar! But wanted to post. I have been trying to cut down on my snacking and have been drinking more water like was suggested!! Thanks for all of the help.

Charlotte

cake77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake77 Posted 25 Oct 2005 , 9:58pm
post #24 of 37

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong!!!!!!! I have loaded the weight loss tracker to my profile signature, and it comes up under my profile but does not show up on my posts. I must be doing something wrong as I have tried this twice. TIA for your help.

Wilma

melony1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melony1976 Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 5:13am
post #25 of 37

Hi everyone, I was reading all of your posts and found it very encouraging. I've been wanting to do something but doing it alone is alot harder than when you have a group of people to cheer you on.

If no one minds I was wondering if I could jump on the band wagon. If so, what kind of things is everyone doing ?

Thanks,
Melony

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 5:18am
post #26 of 37

Gdixoncakes, didn't I just see Bronwen Weber on a food channel cupcake contest? Did she win? I couldn't believe that organic lady trying to win with a flat thing of cupcakes with just wires with origami flowers sticking out! But she admitted they weren't really a decorating bakery.

iluvcakes27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvcakes27 Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 5:34am
post #27 of 37

Hey everyone, I have lost 50 lbs last year on weight watchers and going religiously to curves, so I just wanted to encourage everyone to take it a day at a time and it is totally possible to reach your goal. The chewing gum thing helps all the time, I have minty and sweet gum at all times to control different cravings. I have about 40 more to lose, but wanted to send and encouraging note to all. Take care and don't get overwhelmed, life happens...... thumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gif

iluvcakes27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvcakes27 Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 5:34am
post #28 of 37

Hey everyone, I have lost 50 lbs last year on weight watchers and going religiously to curves, so I just wanted to encourage everyone to take it a day at a time and it is totally possible to reach your goal. The chewing gum thing helps all the time, I have minty and sweet gum at all times to control different cravings. I have about 40 more to lose, but wanted to send and encouraging note to all. Take care and don't get overwhelmed, life happens...... thumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gif

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 5:55am
post #29 of 37

I've been reading some of the posts and I think all your weight loses are wonderful. I lost 100 lbs over about a year and have kept it off for 4 years.
I wasn't making cakes though....Not sure I could have done it with the temptation...Just want to say keep it up and don't get discouraged by a small setback. And you are much better to lose no more than 2 lbs a week. It seems like a small amount, but it just keeps adding up. Also, if you have a buddy, the easiest exercise of all is walking. It is the only exercise I did until I had lost almost all of my weight... Congratulations to all on your successes.....

blittle6 Posted 26 Oct 2005 , 11:42am
post #30 of 37

Hi EVery1!! I just weighed in and lost 1/2 pound. I thought it would be more but I'll take it! But....guess what....I had this pair of jeans that I bought...mind you they were my "fat" jeans but last time I put them on I did the turtle on its back thing on the bed. Rolling around, cursing, yanking the zipper until somehow they zipped and I couldn't barely breathe! Anyway, last night I put them on and not only did I zip them standing up, they fitted nicely...not even a little tight! While they are not my "goal" jeans they are at least a step in the right direction! I felt so good!

Berta

212/192.5/150

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%