Cake Calendar

Decorating By thecakemaker Updated 21 Oct 2005 , 6:35pm by thecakemaker

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 7

Earlier this year I came across a monthly calendar that had a different decorated cake for each month. Each cake came with a recipe and instructions. Of course, now that i'm ready to order a calendar for next year I can't find it. Has anyone else seen this calendar?

Debbie

6 replies
ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 7

Debbie - Sorry...I haven't seen this calendar, but I thought of an idea. Wouldn't it be neat to make a calendar of cakes decorated for every month and hand them out to people. You would put your name on the front and it would remind people when they looked at your calendar to order a cake for that occasion. Definitely too much time on my hands today...I should go bake a cake or something icon_lol.gif sorry I couldn't help though

melxcloud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melxcloud Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 7

That is a very cool idea GE978. I think shutterfly will make calendars from your photos. I'm sure other photo storage websites (kodak, snapfish, etc...) do the same thing. It would be a great holiday gift for your customers if you run a cake business.

thecakemaker Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 7

I was thinking along the same lines. I also suggested to Jackie that maybe we could do a CC calendar using the contest winners for each month or items from the Articles section or something similar.

Debbie

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 7

I got something like that for Xmas last year. It is called A Baker's Dozen Calendar and is put out byThe Sweet Life, Inc. It doesn't have recipes but each month features a different cake, the designer and some instructions.

thecakemaker Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 7

That's the one! (I think)

Thanks! Now hopefully I can find it again!

Debbie

thecakemaker Posted 21 Oct 2005 , 6:35pm
post #7 of 7

Darn! I found it and I called them. They are not going to produce it this year. 2005 was the last year. If anyone comes across anything similar please let me know.

Debbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%