My New Baby!!!!

Decorating By susanmm23 Updated 18 Oct 2005 , 11:45pm by stephanie214

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 40

OK ladies and gents here is the newest member of my family. just in time for the holidays!!!!!!
LL

39 replies
jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 40

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I am sure that you are so proud! Have fun baking icon_smile.gif

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 40

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 40

YEAH!!! How exciting. I remember the day I got mine.... what a proud day icon_smile.gif
Miah

ken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ken Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 40

I promised myself that its going to be my christmas present to myself! Congrats and HAPPY BAKING!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:48pm
post #6 of 40

Great color! Congrats....although I was looking forward to seeing a newborn's photo! LOL!

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:51pm
post #7 of 40

Awesome Color! I wish mine was something other than white. You will love it I am sure. I liked mine so much I had said one day it would be nice to have 2. another one arrived at Christmas. How nice of Hubby. I think I should have said it would be nice to have more than one bowl. Oh well I use both of them for different things and still love them!

Sammy-2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sammy-2002 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:55pm
post #8 of 40

Congratulations! And what a great color!!!

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:57pm
post #9 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy-2002

Congratulations! And what a great color!!!

How exciting for you! Great color for the upcoming season! icon_smile.gif

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 9:01pm
post #10 of 40

AWESOME thumbs_up.gif Welcome to the KA club. You are going to love your new baby. icon_biggrin.gif

lng_1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lng_1978 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 9:07pm
post #11 of 40

OH I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE ASKED FOR ONE FOR A KA FOR CHRISTMAS. MAYBE I WILL GET ONE.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! GET TO BAKING!

LES

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 9:09pm
post #12 of 40

Congratulations! Know you will love it!

psurrette: be happy with your white, mine is black, not the color to be using powdered sugar, flour, etc., shouldn't complain though, don't know what I'd do without it! Janice

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 9:20pm
post #13 of 40

veejaytx
I guess I didnt think about the sugar showing on a black KA. I do know I get it all over the cabinet door which is just above the KA. I am thankful for both of them[/b]

susanmm23 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 9:51pm
post #14 of 40

orange is my fav color. i plan on gettng a orange toaster as well. i want my kitch to have some of the same colors ar rachel ray son 30 minute meals. you know the greens and oranges. cant wait.

veejaytx Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:02pm
post #15 of 40

The orange is really...orange, Susan! It is very pretty and will make a bright kitchen...I just have an aversion to orange since I was married for 28 years to a Texas Aggie (their colors are maroon and white!) Now I have an aversion to the ex, but I still don't buy orange!

When I got my KA at a really good price on Amazon, black or white were the only choices! If I could pick any color it would be either the orchid or the pistacio (lt green).

psurrette, you are right about the two bowls, a great timesaver, and I also invested in two of the white flat beaters (the water here does bad things to the plain steel ones.) Maybe Santa will bring you another bowl or two this year! Janice

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:09pm
post #16 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

Congratulations! Know you will love it!

psurrette: be happy with your white, mine is black, not the color to be using powdered sugar, flour, etc., shouldn't complain though, don't know what I'd do without it! Janice

That's funny because I prefer the black one over a white one, because then I know where to clean it!

Mixee icon_biggrin.gif

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:17pm
post #17 of 40

Best thing ever!

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:21pm
post #18 of 40

I have a white KA that I have had for about 10 years. I want another one (can't a girl have 2???) in pink. Of course, my kitchen is red, but I have always loved pink.

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:22pm
post #19 of 40

Congratulations, I'm sure that you're as proud as proud can be.

* snif, Diva getting misty eyed!

susanmm23 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:23pm
post #20 of 40

lol janice you are too funny!!!!! not sure why i love orange so much but i do. i cant wait to break my baby in this week got 2 cakes to make and cookies and some cupcakes!!!!! i cant wait cant wait oh did i already say that.......... lol ok im done im obviously excited

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:30pm
post #21 of 40

Mac...

Mine is ancient and when I saw the pink one at the William Sonoma ( I think...) it was close to Mother's day ...I ran across the mall to glue myself to the window and shreek...I was so excited.

I caused a commotion..and none of my rotten kids got it for me! ( they said I was an embarrassment to them...when did THEY get so stuffy?? I remember when fun for them was rolling in the mud and eating dirt!!!)

I'm miffed and have ammended my will accordingly that will show 'em..

lol

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:39pm
post #22 of 40

Yeah!! TANGERINE DREAM!!! thumbs_up.gif

You have to name it now!!

At work we call our Kenwood "Kenny". The Spar has a dirty name I won't repeat here..hehe. icon_redface.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 12:07am
post #23 of 40

Congratulations!! you will love it.

I got my pink one a couple years ago from my mom for my birthday, and I dont' know what I would do without it. Now I would like another bowl to begin with and another mixer would be nice also, but.... we'll stick with what I have for now.

Leily

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 12:25am
post #24 of 40

Yo go, PastryDiva--
Show them whose boss!!! LOL!!!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 1:07am
post #25 of 40

Woohoo! What a wonderful addition to your family! LOL! Enjoy!!

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 1:09am
post #26 of 40

Congrats............Mine is white but just because it looks like the rest of the kids I love it the same....My hubby has been joking that since he started baking he needs one and is gonna get a copper one.....THE ONE I REALLY WANTED BUT WAS TWICE AS MUCH....i know hes kidding ...

Have fun baking will be twice as nice now.............

sdfgarcia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdfgarcia Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 1:39am
post #27 of 40

I knew I was finally a grown up in 1997 when my mom bought me my first KA for Christmas. I was so excited I could hardly sleep the night I brought her home! (the KA, not my mom!) icon_smile.gif

Congratulations on your new arrival....

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 1:46am
post #28 of 40

You must be so proud! She's beautiful....it is a girl isn't it? lol
Can't wait to have one of my own someday....
Congratulations!

susanmm23 Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 3:30am
post #29 of 40

yes ishe is a girl!!!!! lol havent thought of a name yet will let you guys know what i come up with. i have always wanted a girl and have girl names picke dout for a actual kid thought about using one of those names since i will never have my little girl. what do you guys thing of ayanna???? does she look like a ayanna????

veejaytx Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 3:46am
post #30 of 40

Maybe you could just call her "pumpkin" or a derivative of that, considering the season! Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%