Ot...feeling Very Sad Today ..have To Put Dog Down.

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 18 Oct 2005 , 2:22am by momsandraven

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 29

Hi Everyone,

I just needed to post to keep myself from crying too much!! Today my Mom and Dad decided that they have to put their 16 yr old poodle down.I picked him out as a puppy 16 years ago!! He is blind,deaf,has dimensia and all around old but it never makes it easy to make a decision like this.I feel so bad for my parents..they are sooo attached to the dog!! Nothing I can say will make them feel any better!! icon_cry.gif I feel so Sad!!

Thanks for reading!!

28 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 29

Oh honey, I am so so sorry.....we had to do that 5 years ago to an eskimo spitz, it was one of the hardest things I had to do then.... as I hear all the time..just keep him in good memories and spirits just as he was when he was young..... chin up sweetie!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 29

I'm so sorry, Kiddie! I know how you feel. I had a poodle since I was five and when I was 19, she jumped out from behind a tree in front of my car when I pulled into the driveway. We had to put her down too. I feel your pain honey!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 29

Oh I am so sorry to hear that Kiddiekakes. I have had to put a dog down myself (my baby girl) and I have also seen one of my parents dogs hit by a car, we took him to the vet (2 miles away) and he was gone before we got there, and it still makes me cry when I think about it

My thoughts and prayers are with you to get you through this tough time. We're here for you if you need to talk more.

Leily

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 29

Thanks everyone!! Oh Yah Flav..I love the Avatar!!

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 29

I'm sorry to hear that Kiddie!! I've never been an anmial lover and when I first moved in with my boyfriend it took me a while to get used to having his cat around. Now 4 years later I adore that cat and couldn't live without it!!!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 6:38pm
post #7 of 29

Kiddiekakes,
Iknow exactly what you are going through! I have been a vet tech for 13years. I see this happen on a daily basis. What I tell my clients is that they are doing a very loving thing. It doesn't take away the pain or the missing feeling you have, but if you can try to see things from their side..no more pain, vision returned, and the legs and energy of their youth restored. I have been through this in my own life as well, and fear I will be faced with it again soon. 13 years ago when I graduated Vet. Tech. I helped a Golden Retriever out of a ditch. She had been hit by a car. The next day I came into the clinic she was in labor. I helped her deliver 6 of the most beautiful golden pups you have ever seen. I adopted one of those pups. He is having a hard time getting up and down stairs now and his hearing is failing, but we are hanging on for as long as he has good days.

It will be difficult, and sad, but try to remember the good.

I will be thinking of you.

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 6:38pm
post #8 of 29

I'm so sorry for you and your parents....that's really sad. 16 years is a very long time. {{{hugs}}}

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 7:58pm
post #9 of 29

Awwh, Kidster, so sorry to hear this, must be so hard on everyone! Sometimes we grieve more about the passing of our pet friends than we do about the loss of some people. I suppose it is because animals are so non-judgemental, they don't play head games and all they ask is to be loved and fed and love us right back. So sorry for your loss kiddo! Bet your mother is taking this really to heart, she is such a loving person. Bet your Dad is having a tough time with it too.
Hugs Ma

kendraanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraanne Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:05pm
post #10 of 29

I'm so sorry! icon_cry.gif I know it must be hard.... I don't know what I'll do when I lose my "baby".

Take Care!

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:13pm
post #11 of 29

I'm so sorry for theirs (and your) loss. It's always hard losing part of your family.
Miah

jenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenie Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:17pm
post #12 of 29

Hi Kiddiekakes,

I feel your pain icon_sad.gif It happened to me many times. Last July my dog Ken died of Hepatitis. We brought him in the vet but the next day.. he died and I saw how he suffer. I cried a lot too. Up to now when I think of him I couldnt helped not to cry. He was very sweet and loves to be touched. When my first dog died, I said I don't want to have a dog anymore coz it hurts me so much. But before I knew it there's another one and so on...

Jen

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:34pm
post #13 of 29

I'm so sorry for your loss....it seems like there are a lot of us here who have gone through the same thing..(me too)...so we know how hard it is. Hang in there....

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 9:18pm
post #14 of 29

Ohhhh kiddiekakes...I'm sooo sorry!! I know you and your parents are hurting right now....it's like losing a member of your family.

Hugs to you kiddie, ~Denise

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:05pm
post #15 of 29

My heart goes out to you. I brought my English cat over to Los Angeles when he was 16 years old. I'd had him since he was 8 weeks old. I had him another 3 and a half years, so it broke my heart when we had him put to sleep at 19 and a half. They're our 'babies' and give us unconditional love.
Your baby is now in animal heaven.
In sympathy...
Barbara

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:21pm
post #16 of 29

icon_cry.gif ..ohhh, I am soooo sorry! I know it really hurts! I have three dogs that are just like children to me!

It's hard but always remember what a pleasure the dog was to you and your family and the happy times. I've never had to put a dog down but always tell myself I will when the time comes. It is the only fair thing to do sometimes!

Try and think happy thoughts!

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:24pm
post #17 of 29

Wow, sorry to hear that, our pets are irreplaceable!

I"m not looking forward to doing that to my old cat.

For some reason, I'm the only one that can love them, they have such quirky personalities.

Take the time you need to remember all the love.

MominSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MominSC Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:25pm
post #18 of 29

Awww Kiddie big (((((((((HUGS )))))))))))) to you and your parents. I know how you feel. I had to do the same thing to my toy poodle. I have vowed to no more dogs..but son is now pestering me about getting another one.... icon_redface.gif Hope you feel better sweetie!!

Hugs
Beth

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 10:40pm
post #19 of 29

Sorry to hear about your loss....my mom had to put her kitty that almost 16 years old not too long ago..she did not want her to suffer anymore because she getting sick all of the time and she was sooo skinny..just remember your friend lived a long time.
{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

firegal79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firegal79 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 11:08pm
post #20 of 29

icon_cry.gif I am sooo sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I had to put a puppy down when I was a kid and then about a year ago I had to put my cat down. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I am soooo sorry. Hang in there. Remember the good days. I know it helps me to go back and look at old pics of them. You and your family are in my prayers. Hang in there. icon_smile.gif

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 11:16pm
post #21 of 29

I am so sorry to hear about your family member-pets are so special and the love they give is so unconditional. I have had to put down 2 cats and a dog within the last couple years-2 within a week of eachother-I do sympathize with you all...I knows words won't make the hurting stop-but maybe give a glimmer of a happy thought to you from all of us will help just a smidge.

scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 11:22pm
post #22 of 29

I am so sorry to hear about your loss!!! I know that is the hardest thing I have ever had to do... I have done it once with my dog and my cat just last year.

They are family... so make take the time to grieve with your family as you need to!! and we're here to support you if you need to talk about it anymore!!

NEWTODECORATING... I have a lot of respect for you!!! That is got to be so hard to go through every day. Twice was quite enough for me and with my cat my husband went in with her because I was so upset I couldn't take it. Thank you for what you do by talking care of everyone's "babies" and offering support.

peanut2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peanut2 Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 12:17am
post #23 of 29

I know how you feel. We almost had to put our cat down last year...he was really, really sick, and had been for a year. I paid for the euthanasia and everything, so that I would just have to bring him the next day. I cried and cried.
We figured out what made him sick though, and cancelled the surgery. He recuperated. But it was awful when I thought we were going to lose him.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 12:53am
post #24 of 29

I am so sorry for you and your parents. A few years ago we had to put our yellow lab down after 17 years. I know how sad it is. I still get sad even when we take my sister's dog to the same vet because it reminds me. I hope you guys will fell better soon! icon_razz.gif
traci

happychic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
happychic Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 1:00am
post #25 of 29

Oh Kiddie,
I am SO sorry. Dogs really are members of the family.
BIG (((HUGS)))

lilscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilscakes Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 1:17am
post #26 of 29

Oh Kiddiekakes, I feel your pain. Our animals are such a huge part of our lives and families, it's really difficult when we do lose one. Not sure if you've ever heard of this site or not, but it brought me great comfort a few years ago when we lost our Golden Retriever. Kind of reassures one that we'll someday see them again.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Hope it helps. (((Hugs))) to you and your parents.

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 1:31am
post #27 of 29

Im sorry....you know we almost had to move to japan but I told my husband if my Daughter Nadia cant come Im not going ( My cat). So often many pets arent pets after a while there family .....and feel Irreplaceable.....I hope you can think about the good times and that they can carry you through these hard days to come.

sdfgarcia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdfgarcia Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 1:36am
post #28 of 29

Kiddie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss! I have been a dog owner all my life, and losing one is just gut-wrenching. You may never get over it, but you will get through it. Just know that you are doing the right thing for your beloved pet...

We're thinking of you right now during this sad time.

Hugs,
s

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 2:22am
post #29 of 29

Kiddie,
I'm very sorry to hear about your family's loss. Dogs are such loyal friends, they truly leave an empty spot in our hearts when they are gone. I'm sure you know that you are giving the dog the ultimate gift of kindness and love by ending it's suffering, but that doesn't make it any easier to say good bye. (sheesh! now I'm crying! I'm such a push over for dogs. icon_cry.gif ) Wish I was there to give you a hug!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%