Tilted Turntable

Decorating By CarolAnn Updated 11 Mar 2005 , 2:13am by tcturtleshell

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 13

I've been thinking of getting the Wilton tilted turntable but want to get opinions on it before I spend $49 of my hard earned bucks. I had one out of the box at Michael's the other day but just don't know how much I'd trust the rubber mat to really grip. Seems like it'd sure be nice for doing side work. I'm bringing this to the ones who'll know. See what faith I have in my new friends here? So what do you think? Thanks!

12 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 13

I don't have first hand knowledge but over at the "other" website I have read several negative comments..something to do the the locking mechanism! I thought about buying one and after reading other peoples reviews, I decided to stick with what I have!

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 13

I have the Wilton Turntable and LOVE it. I do alot of stringwork and ruffles on the sides of my cakes and it makes it so much easier to have it tilted. My back appreciates it to. The rubber mat holds my cakes fine. I've never had one slip or fall off. I don't put tiered cakes on it though. If I'm doing a multi-tiered cake - I do one level at a time on the turntable and then put the layers together when I'm done. The mechanism works very nice for me. I guess it's all personal preference and what your needs are. My suggestion is wait for the 40% coupon from Michaels or a Joann's coupon (Michaels honors their coupons as well) if your going to buy it. thumbs_up.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 10:55pm
post #4 of 13

Here's where I go to get my Joann.com coupons. I like shopping Hobby Lobby too. They have a 50% of all Wilton sale occasionally. If anyone knows when their next sale is, please post it.

http://www.edealinfo.com/Coupons/joann.shtml

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 9 Mar 2005 , 11:14pm
post #5 of 13

Hey CarolAnn~
Your buddy Tina here. I'm on my 2 Wilton tilting turntable since Feb 14th. That's what my hubby got me for Valentine's Day. Great gift. The part that you can change the level with wouldn't stay locked! Well it kept going to the 2 other levels when I only wanted it level. Nearly tossing the cakes when it would do it!! So I thought it was broken so I brought it back to Michael's. Well I exchanged it for another one & guess what? Yesterday I nearly lost the bottom layer of my wedding cake!! That thing tilted so far that my cake went flying!! Thank God I caught it!!! I think the problem is the weight. I can do a one layer cake on it w/ no problems. But when I do 2 layers it always falls to another level. SO... I will keep it for sheet cakes & smaller cakes but I won't ever use it for 2 layer cakes. I will use my cheap one from Walmart. It doesn't tilt but it holds the weight just fine! So think about that before you decide. I wish they would come out with one that is heavy duty! That would be great!!!! Talk to you later~Tina~

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 4:54am
post #6 of 13

Thanks everyone for your input. I probably can't justify paying full price for one now, just thinking I want one, ya know? Well I've been teaching myself the basket weave and it's a little tricky looking at it straight on. And yes a little hard on my neck and back. (Of course after tonights 1 hour massage tomorrow should be better Ü) I'll check out the coupons. Thanks
for the link Lisa. Tina I have to tell you that I love the turtle!! How/where do you ladies and gents get the darling icons?? I'm lookin pretty hum drum here in comparison.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 9:18am
post #7 of 13

check on ebay I have seen the same thing you are talking about for half... I cant see to win one though> I will buy one when I am back to the states but not right now...

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 12:45pm
post #8 of 13

CarolAnne
When you post a message, on the side of the text box are what are called Emoticons - little pictures of smiley faces in all sorts of emotions - just click on one when you want to put it in your message. It doesn't actually look like the picture when it's put into your message but when you post it - or preview it - it will look like the smiley face you chose. As for the ones used for your name - go to "Your Info" under your account to the left of your screen and scroll to the bottom of the form and you can pick one that best suits you or reflects your personality. It's the "Avatar Control Panel"
Hope this helps. Happy Posting thumbs_up.gif

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 8:31pm
post #9 of 13

I have the titling table. I rarely tilt it- I just lift the cake higher. It was pretty much a waste of money.

tcturtleshell Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 11:00pm
post #10 of 13

CarolAnn,

Post a note to Lisa. She's the one that emailed me the turtle. I love it too! She knows how to do it. All I did was right click on the pic from her email, put it on my desktop & uploaded here. Go to the bottom of your profile & you will see a thing called avatars. Click on it & you'll see all your choices. It's very easy that way. Just click on the one you like & it will pop up on your posts from now on. You can change it anytime. I want to know how MrsMissey got her name so pretty & got it on here! MrsMissey if you read this let us know how you did that!! Thanks!

CarolAnn, you'll get the basketweave. That's my fav thing to do. I don't know how but I got it on my first try. That was weird! No I'm a basketweave making fool!!! You'll get it I have faith in you! thumbs_up.gif

nashsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashsmom Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 11:09pm
post #11 of 13

For the basketweave, I just bring my turntable up higher. Turn a box upside down, or stack up some books, then set the turntable on top. That helps with the crick in the neck!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 1:26am
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

I want to know how MrsMissey got her name so pretty & got it on here! MrsMissey if you read this let us know how you did that!! Thanks!

Isn't it cool! Lisa did this for me!! I just love it!

tcturtleshell Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 2:13am
post #13 of 13

Buuuuuuuuuteeeeeeeeeful !!!!!!!! Isn't Lisa just great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%