Have To Turn Down My Very First Wedding Cake Order:(

Decorating By melissablack Updated 13 Oct 2005 , 5:37am by tcturtleshell

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 11

Tell me this doesn't suck.... thumbsdown.gificon_cry.gif

As some of you know, I am staying with my parents in Canada for a few months 'till dh gets a place for us to live, etc... My sister has been getting me a ton of cake orders here, and her boss just ordered a cake from me for a dinner party the other night. WELL.... she loved the cake and wants me to make her daughter's wedding cake just like the cake I made for her, but it's going to be Dec 28th, and I will not be here anymore. I am so dissapointed, 'cause it would have been my first wedding cake, and I would have made over 300$ on it, not to mention it would be really easy, 'cause they just wanted the individual cakes to put on a tiered stand.

I was supposed to stay here 'till January, but dh can't handle it anymore and wants me to come back with him when he comes for a visit in December.

Melissa

10 replies
twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 11

Oh my goodness. That does suck. Sorry to hear, but I know you will be happy to be with your DH. Another wedding cake must come your way. It just have to. My fingers are crossed.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 11

..look on the bright side...you have a wonderful DH that can't live without you!

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 11

..........I know how you feel ....I finally to a point where Im getting calls and cake orders in and just found I have to move to San Diego....I would love to go ..but sad and worried that I wont get a chance to bake as much!!

Stay positive .....Youlll get a Wedding cake soon....

meme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meme Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 2:33am
post #5 of 11

LOL If that was my husband he would leave me there to make the money and then come get me! maybe!

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 6:15pm
post #6 of 11

This may sound dumb but can you make the cake before you leave and freeze it and have someone put it together for you? Maybe that is a dumb question but just lookin for a way for you to do this cake.

jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 6:21pm
post #7 of 11

Lastingmoments ~

Sorry to hear about your move. We will miss you here in San Antonio!!!

Melissa ~

I am so jealous. I would love to even be considered for a wedding cake. But look at the bright side. Someone thought your cake was good enough to offer you the most important cake of their lives. And if your cakes are that good.... then you will have NO trouble finding a wedding cake when you return to your DH.

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 6:25pm
post #8 of 11

Maybe you'll get more orders when you go back home!!

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 6:31pm
post #9 of 11

I was thinking exactly like jekizer...You're cakes are fabulous and you will get more orders when you get home! Besides, the Canadian dollar isn't worth as much as the American dollar so it would have been less than $300 lol

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 12 Oct 2005 , 6:51pm
post #10 of 11

Good point !!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 5:37am
post #11 of 11

Melissa,
Just tell them the story you just told us~ They will understand. I know you will get a wedding cake order one day soon! Have faith!

The boss will understand. How couldn't they? They know you situation. It'll be alright! Hang in there!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%