Looking For Something-Pics On Fondant.

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 31 Jan 2007 , 11:17pm by notjustcake

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 14

Hi. I was sure that awhile ago, I saw something about putting pics on fondant and then cutting them out to stand up on cakes using a stick. But now I can't seem to find what I am looking for. I can't remember who it was that put it all together. But I remember that they were using a Hello Kitty picture for the example. Does anyone remember that? I have put it in search for a while earlier, but no luck finding it yet. I was hoping someone else might have a more together mind than I do.

TIA, Tanya

13 replies
KylesMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KylesMom Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 14

I seen what you're talking about, I'll look for it.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 14

Was it missyek? I'm pretty sure it was~

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 14

I do this a lot with wafer paper images since I don't have an edible image printer. icon_cry.gif Cut out your image. Roll out your fondant and let it firm up for a minute. Attach your image to the fondant (I use piping gel. I'm not sure how you do it with an edible image. Water, maybe?). Use an Xacto knife to cut the fondant around the image. Let dry. Attach to a lollipop stick with royal icing or candy melts.

tcturtleshell Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 14

Was it missyek? I'm pretty sure it was~ But I could be wrong...

KylesMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:09pm
post #7 of 14

tanyascakes, I bet if you asked JanH, she would know exactly where and how to direct you! She is the Super Link Girl!!!

tcturtleshell Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:11pm
post #8 of 14

Ahhh Boween!! That's right!! That's a VERY good tutorial!!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:11pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylesMom

Found it!

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-13474.html

Yup that's it!

Hey Tina--I do lots of links to this--boween was the mastermind with these pics. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:16pm
post #10 of 14

Wow!! Thanks you guys!! You were all on here so fast!! And you gave up the right link, KylesMom. I don't know how I could have forgotten when it was something from Boween!!! Thanks a ton! I need it for this weekend!
Tanya

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 4:47pm
post #12 of 14

Can this be done without an edible image printer? Could you just use a regular picture?

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 8:17pm
post #13 of 14

I did it last summer with a regular picture I had laminated to protect it from creeping grease stains (my theatre marquee double-birthday cake). I could tell my fondant wasn't going to dry in time, so I made a paper back-up. Good thing I made TWO paper backups, because by the morning of the party, even though it was laminated, and even though I cut the plastic a good eighth of an inch away from the peper...the grease still crept into the paper. You can easily see that in my picture. But, when I left the house, I just grabbed the back-up paper one and popped that on the cake at the party. It was removed for slicing way before any grease seeped back into the design. It ended up working really well, but only because I had that replacement paper/laminated one.

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 11:17pm
post #14 of 14

I dunno but I just thought of an idea how about our own kids pictures in cookies!!!! A first bday party favor, my baby's picture on a cookie what an expensive cookie!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%