Cupcakes For My Son's Wedding

Baking By thevancefamily Updated 12 Apr 2024 , 8:31pm by ReginaCoeliB

thevancefamily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thevancefamily Posted 11 Apr 2024 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 2

My son is getting married 4/20/2024 and he has asked me to make a cake for them to cut (small) and cupcakes for the guests.  Because I have to make so many I am looking for advice on making them in advance so they will taste their best.  The cake for them to cut is going to be lemon blueberry with dairy free cream cheese frosting in the middle and vanilla "butter" cream outside, very simple decoration (the bride is allergic to dairy).  The cupcakes for the guests are going to be lemon w/raspberry buttercream, vanilla with vanilla butter cream and chocolate with chocolate butter cream.  Any advise is greatly appreciated, I don't want to mess-up their day

1 reply
ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 12 Apr 2024 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 2

I would make the cupcakes in advance, wrap them well and freeze them a couple of days in advance.  You can also do the buttercream in advance, and keep it refrigerated. In order to keep everything fresh and safe, the cupcakes must be assembled the day of the wedding. If you put everything together the day before, the cupcakes may get stale, and the buttercream (even if it's dairy free) might get spoiled because of the fruit.... I'll wouldn't take the risk. It's takes lot of work and logistics, to keep everything frozen until ready to decorate and deliver. The cakes and cupcakes will defrost quicky and be fresh in time for the wedding. Good luck to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%