Lost My Lamb Cake Recipe

Baking By sewsugarqueen Updated 16 Mar 2023 , 6:28pm by ReginaCoeliB

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 11 Mar 2023 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 11

I always made pound cake type of lamb cake for easter.  havn't done it in several years and when i went to find the recipe that had all my directions , temp , time and notes ... can't find it.  i tried one pound cake from interneet and it was burned on outside and slightly underdone on inside.  Does anyone have a recipe that works with the regular size lamb mold.  thanks

10 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Mar 2023 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 11

sunflower i do not, so sorry -- but i love that you are making one! seems so nice nostalic and normal (for this crazy day and time)

-K8memphis Posted 11 Mar 2023 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 11

sheep just for the record, do you realize you are following in the steps (hooves) of none other than the renowned bo peep herself? hahahahaha

just being perfectly silly! jk jk jk jk 

sheep sheep sheep sheep sheep 

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 12 Mar 2023 , 1:48am
post #4 of 11

Boss, be serious, this poor baker is in a desperate situation! I used to have one... let me dig into my treasure chest...I'll be back before Easter!

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 12 Mar 2023 , 1:32pm
post #5 of 11

I have to make peep baskets too , but those are easy.  I love some of these old school treats for the holidays.  My mom always used Dromedary pound cake mix to make the lamb... but a) I live in Canada now... not here and b) do they even sell that product anymore.  

-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2023 , 2:57pm
post #6 of 11

heartpulse cherry_blossom blue_heart cherry_blossom purple_heart cherry_blossom green_heart 

Quote by @ReginaCoeliB on 2 days ago

Boss, be serious, this poor baker is in a desperate situation! I used to have one... let me dig into my treasure chest...I'll be back before Easter!

but reggiekins, you are serious enough for both of us blush and i have a wonderful pound cake recipe but idk if it will work as a lamb -- in fact when it bakes, it has a great crack in it at the last bit when the uncooked batter pushes it's way to the top -- it is the best pound cake ever imo but prolly not for a molded cake -- 

so seriously, in honor of my friend reggiekins, here is my favorite pound cake recipe that prolly won't work for you:

Classic Cold-Oven Pound Cake (southernladymagazine.com)

now i use a full cup of cream ~ and see the crack? not a good look for a sheep

sheep heartpulse cherry_blossom sheep blue_heart cherry_blossom sheep purple_heart cherry_blossom sheep green_heart cherry_blossom

-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2023 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 11

happy easter! and i hope you find every egg you hide!

-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2023 , 3:03pm
post #8 of 11

but it might work! because you are not using as much batter -- idk -- hurry up with that recipe, reggie stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

ReginaCoeliB Posted 14 Mar 2023 , 8:56pm
post #9 of 11

Don't rush me Boss, Easter is still a few weeks ahead....I made serious mistakes working under pressure.... I may end up posting a recipe for cornbread instead of one of pound cake... That would be embarrassing ad yet tasty. In the meantime, I'll be singing little Bo peep has lost her (recipe) sheep...

-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2023 , 9:06pm
post #10 of 11

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

ReginaCoeliB Posted 16 Mar 2023 , 6:28pm
post #11 of 11

Well, I found the recipe...But I lost my patience and wiliness to type....

Here goes my best effort! Since you are now in Canada, you should be familiar with the metric system...I hope!

Orange-Butter Cake

• 150 g unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup fine white sugar
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
  • 2 cups self-rising flour
  • 1/4 cup dry powdered milk
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  1. Preheat the oven at 325F
  2. Brush your lamb mold top and bottom with melted shortening and then flour generously
  3. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and creamy.
  4. Add eggs gradually, beating well after each addition. Add rind, beat until combined.
  5. Using a spatula, fold the sifted dry ingredients alternating with the juice. 
  6. Stir until just combines and almost smooth.
  7. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, cover with the lid and put it in the oven for some 40 min.
  8. Test with a wooden skewer using the hole in the top lid.
  9. When done, remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before removing the lid.
  10. Not a big fan of orange, use vanilla instead of rind and buttermilk instead of orange juice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%