Help!! How Much Chocolate Do I Need For Cake Truffles??

Baking By Freckles0829 Updated 5 Mar 2023 , 10:14pm by ReginaCoeliB

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 2 Mar 2023 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 2

I have googled and googled and I can't seem to find the answer!!!!

I am making 225 cake truffles for a wedding (3 different flavors).  I will be using a 1.25" square mold for the truffles.  I was going to coat the inside of the mold with chocolate and then add in the filling.  What I am not sure about is just how much candy melts I am going to need to not only cover all the truffles but do a quick drizzle on top.

For the cake I was going to bake off 3 9x13 sheet cakes using the WASC recipe.  I'm thinking this will be enough cake to get 75 truffles from each flavor.  But please let me know if I am wrong!

I have made cake truffles in the past but never for an order, just for a fun dessert at the holidays or parties, so I have never really kept track of how many I get out of a batch or how much candy coating I end of using.  Definitely kicking myself now for not making a little note!

1 reply
ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 5 Mar 2023 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 2

My dear, that is a very difficult question to answer. Much of it depends on the method you use to coat your truffles, and even the temperature of your coating. You are going to have to run a sample test to see if your method will be practical. Also check the proper texture of the cake... you do not want to end up with a chocolatey crumbled cake mess. Then you can see how much chocolate to use for one cake. If they come out great, save them and use them...If not, learn you lesson, modify accordingly and enjoy the samples...! Do not forget to take note of how much chocolate you used!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%