Kitchen Aid Pastry Beater

Baking By MamaGeese Updated 11 Mar 2023 , 3:56am by MBalaska

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 27 Feb 2023 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone tried the kitchen aid pastry beater for creaming butter and sugar? I just don't like the results I get with the regular paddle.

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Feb 2023 , 12:43am
post #2 of 7

you mean the whip? i've used both, mostly the paddle -- it's all good -- just depends on the type of icing -- but either one is fine -- you just don't want to add any air to american buttercream -- 

MamaGeese Posted 2 Mar 2023 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 7

No it's called a pastry beater. Looks like the paddle but has 5 horizontal lines inside.  Supposed to be used for cutting butter into flour for pastry. I was curious if it could be used for creaming. 

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 3 Mar 2023 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 7

This is the one, I have never seen one in my life.... but for creaming, real fluffy creaming, nothing like my old fashion hand mixer...

KitchenAid® Pastry Beater for Bowl-Lift Stand Mixers - KSMPB7

MamaGeese Posted 8 Mar 2023 , 3:08am
post #5 of 7

Oh I totally agree! But arthritis has gotten the best of me and just don't have the shoulder strength anymore to hand mix a cake batter.

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 8 Mar 2023 , 12:44pm
post #6 of 7

Now Mamageese, looking at the design of the tool itself, with the eyes of a chemical engineer... I do not think it will be good for creaming. The design is too simple to produce the shear and stress needed for creating a stable emulsion. How about one of those hand mixers that come with a pedestal? something like this...

Power Deluxe™ 6 Speed Hand/Stand Mixer (64695N)

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 11 Mar 2023 , 3:56am
post #7 of 7

WOW I've never ever seen this paddle.  I'm sure that I'd have purchased one and tried it out if I had. I have so many silly big and little cake toys. Yes, I can see where it would be a fluffer and creamer. 

Quote by @ReginaCoeliB on 1 week ago

This is the one, I have never seen one in my life.... but for creaming, real fluffy creaming, nothing like my old fashion hand mixer...

KitchenAid® Pastry Beater for Bowl-Lift Stand Mixers - KSMPB7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%