Macrons Filling

Baking By Sal2012 Updated 25 Jan 2023 , 6:29pm by -K8memphis

Sal2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sal2012 Posted 10 Nov 2022 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 9

Hello I am just looking variety of macrons fillings recipe. Can I add dry strawberry in fillings. 

I am seeing people add variety of things in cream. Don’t know they used essence or actual fruit. Could you please direct me ?

8 replies
ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 11 Nov 2022 , 12:10am
post #2 of 9

I use my own version of a cream cheese ganache to fill mine. You can use extracts, nuts, dry fruits, fruit puree, jams, buttercreams, etc. Whatever you use must be stable at room temperature, hence, no curds or whipped cream...neither fresh fruits unless you plan to consume them right away. Do not forget that you need to mature your macarons at least 24 hours for best flavor and mouthfeel.

Here a picture of some macarons I made last year. A lovely trio of macarons full of personality! Blackberry crumble, Tangerine Creamsicle and espresso. I use these instead of thank you notes! I flavored the fillings with tangerine zest, expresso powder and cocoa and blackberry puree. 

Macs trio for the spring!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Nov 2022 , 4:39am
post #3 of 9

beautiful delicious looking cookies !! ReginaCoeliB

chocolate ganache is also nice. 

Sal2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sal2012 Posted 21 Jan 2023 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 9

Great idea. Thank you!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2023 , 1:06am
post #5 of 9

those are beautiful, reggie

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Jan 2023 , 4:18pm
post #6 of 9

Reggie, you never fail to blow my mind! What gorgeous, perfect macarons and the flavors sound wonderful.

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 24 Jan 2023 , 6:08pm
post #7 of 9

Oh thanks ladies, I made a bunch more for Christmas, it was espresso, spiced cranberry, passion fruit and German chocolate....I forgot to take pictures... :(

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 25 Jan 2023 , 12:06am
post #8 of 9

Oh my Regina those macrons look scrumptious. I sure miss eating them. I use to buy mine from a European patisserie. Just too much sugar (which equals carbs). I tried to make keto macrons and it was a mitigated disaster!! 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Jan 2023 , 6:29pm
post #9 of 9

you get points for trying, june  hibiscus

and reggie, german chocolate macarons? >thud< i just fainted...in a good way blush

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%