Macarons Amd Roses

Decorating By Danilou Updated 8 Nov 2022 , 2:06am by Danilou

Danilou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danilou Posted 2 Nov 2022 , 7:00am
post #1 of 4

Hi, I'm making a cake for my sister in law. Just wondering if it would be ok to put store bought macarons on it ahead of time (preferably night before). I'm decorating in cooked flour frosting. And how ahead of time could I put freshes roses on it? 

Suggestions for sealing the roses? Cling wrap or straws? 

The part is on Friday after work, so tomorrow is my only day to finish the cake. Unless I cram it in, in a lunch break. 

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Nov 2022 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 4

i would guess the cookies will break down where they touch the cake and flowers typically are placed last minute —  but if you dip cookies in choco where they will touch the cake that should buy you some time to place on there the night before if you need too — I only do flowers last minute — at delivery —

best to you!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Nov 2022 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 4

Along with what K8 said flower stems can be dipped in chocolate or wrapped in wet cotton then floral tape over that then incerted into a straw.  As K8 said they do not last long and do need to be placed last minute.

Danilou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danilou Posted 8 Nov 2022 , 2:06am
post #4 of 4

Thankyou, I had to run home in my lunch break to coat the flowers in white chocolate, let them drt then put them in the cake. It turned out wekk, but next time, i might make a posy ahead of time amd stick in a flower spike thi gy or put the flowers on a small cake board on top. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%