Wilton's Welcome To Our Home Autumn Cake

Decorating By beckygibb Updated 11 Sep 2022 , 9:06pm by kakeladi

beckygibb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beckygibb Posted 7 Sep 2022 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 3

Does anyone have the tutorial for this cake.  It is a Wilton design and the tutorial used to be on their website but I can no longer find it.  I have been asked to try to duplicate it.  Thanks in advance.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b0/5e/8c/b05e8c2a3c7d2c4f7a332af121b44759--autumn-wedding-cakes-autumn-cake.jpg

2 replies
doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 9 Sep 2022 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 3

the tutorial does seem to have been removed.. Pretty cake but it shouldn't be that diffucult to replicate.  Looks like the decorations are maybe fontant, twirls can be fondants wrapped around a dowel or pencil and allowed to dry and they'll  hold their shape.  the Sides of the cake look like kinife stokes up the side. The pumpkin ? made of individual rings of fondant and "glued" to a fondant stem.  Looks time consuming but not really that difficult.  Of course you could always visit Micheals or Hobby Lobby for the plastic decorations.  Good Luck on the cake,its really pretty.  Hopefully this is a little helpful, maybe some of the more experienced decorators have some other ideas.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Sep 2022 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 3

I agree with doz :)   The only part that might be difficult is the raffia around that middle tier.  And the only reason it would be difficult if because of having to work with such thin fondant w/o it breaking all the time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%