Taco Amd Tequila Wedding Cake,topper

Decorating By oceanspitfire Updated 18 Jul 2022 , 4:27pm by -K8memphis

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 30 Jun 2022 , 3:52am
post #1 of 5

hi guys ...posted over in baking about flavors for my niece's wedding cake in Aug. over here I'm looking for cake topper inspiration to incorporate tacos and tequila but just as small toppers. not like a whole wedding cake draped in Mexican theme. cake is gonna be white and elegant with white roses, lavender and sage. their first date was tacos and tequila so that is the direction I wanna go. anyone have any pics to share on wedding cake front? just toppers like not like I said a whole themed cake. 

cheers and happy baking 

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Jun 2022 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 5

i would suggest the agave plant because that is what tequila is made from -- the leaves are pretty and could easily be incorporated into your elegant design and i would make a white taco shell out of fondant and have the leaves spraying out from that --

maybe that would spark an idea for you

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 1 Jul 2022 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 5

How about getting some little tequila bottles and dress them up like groom and bride using fondant...Put some tiny little tacos in their hands! Tedious but cute, I guess!

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 16 Jul 2022 , 2:38am
post #4 of 5

brilliant ideas both of these.  let ne tell ya how many tacky looking things I found . and I def wanted something elegant and inspired.  I saw this store on Amazon perfect moments that makes porcelain or clay figurines. super expensive but I was just looking for inspo...one was a boy girl couple sitting sharing a piece of watermelon .ao I thought hmmm can I use this idea and make my own gumpaste one but instead of watermelon  make it a taco.

also some monogrammed type toppers with the words 'taco bout love'. thanks for the ideas .had to jolt myself to think outside the literal box lol

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Jul 2022 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 5

awww, I like "taco bout love"! and thanks for the update!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%