Grad Party Brownie Cake Help Needed

Baking By Canudothecake Updated 7 Jun 2022 , 1:48pm by -K8memphis

Canudothecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Canudothecake Posted 3 Jun 2022 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 6

I’ve made some awesome grad cakes - for other peoples kids.  Now my own son is graduating and I’m so stuck.  Besides having to cook and prepare food for 80-100 people.  In two days.  He doesn’t like “sweet”.  He loves my brownies though, so I figured a brownie cake.  He really doesn’t like frosting either, though maybe if I didn’t make it too thick… 

Please help me - I’m shutting down with the pressure to make it nice and get everything done… it will be a very simple cake however - but he wants simple.  I’m already anxious enough about getting my 9x13 brownie recipe to work in a jelly roll pan.  But I’m totally stuck on frosting.  Please please give me some specific ideas… the party will be outside, mid 70’s temps.  

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Jun 2022 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 6

what about drizzling a glaze on it ? just confectioners sugar and milk*-- voila -- lovely glaze -- add vanilla even better -- swirl it around on top -- drizzle off spoon -- very pretty -- 

or just put some confectioners sugar in a sieve, sifter or strainer and just tap the side of it over the cooled brownie for just a little white powder action -- but use sparingly because it can get inhaled and cause coughing spells -- i like cinnamon sugar or vanilla powder or both sprinkled on my brownies too (i can't eat them anymore but when i did)

you've got so much going on! i hope you get some good help! buy some stuff already made -- make it easier on you!

hope you have a great time!

make his favorite dishes on a smaller scale for the next day or something -- buy stuff for your guests! you wanna enjoy yourself too!

* put a cup of powdered sugar in a bowl add milk till it's creamy and runny enough to drizzle -- add some vanilla 

you got this!

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 6 Jun 2022 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 6

What about no frosting at all. Most of the brownies Ive been served have not had frosting. Or what about sprinkling semi sweet chocolate chips over the top when you remove it from the oven to let them melt and possibly some walnuts sprinkled on.  Maybe you could take a cookie cutter that fits the occasion and sev individual servingu s . He'll love whatever you decide to do.   

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 7 Jun 2022 , 1:11am
post #4 of 6

How about something like this, I got it from here Con ”grad” ulations, Grads! | Little Debbie

Just use your brownie recipe!

minibrowniecaps-rkxwuf.jpg

-K8memphis Posted 7 Jun 2022 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 6

how did it go, canudothecake?

-K8memphis Posted 7 Jun 2022 , 1:48pm
post #6 of 6

reggie et al -- I love those brownie grad designs -- wilton had a similar thing decades ago -- take a deviled egg, upside down on a slice of party rye bread -- which is a tiny piece just big enough for the egg -- use a grad cap cut from a piece of American cheese -- I don't remember the tassel now -- I think I piped it -- I do remember piping on eye glasses and eye balls -- so the egg is the face  --

then the diplomas were slices of crust less bread flattened with a rolling pin and sandwiches made out of them, rolled up and I tied a little ribbon around them -- fun times

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%