Cupcakes For Wedding

Decorating By torgirl65 Updated 27 Apr 2022 , 1:57pm by -K8memphis

torgirl65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torgirl65 Posted 26 Apr 2022 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone. I’m making a cupcake tower for my daughters wedding this fall. I’m thinking of baking them early abs freezing them. I was planning to take them out of the freezer and let them defrost in the fridge on the Thursday evening before the wedding. That will give me Friday to decorate them and drop them off Friday evening. I’m not sure the venue will have enough storage capacity to keep them in the fridge from Friday until Saturday and debating between Using Swiss meringue buttercream or American buttercream. Any suggestions for tips would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Apr 2022 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 3

how are you planning on packaging them for the friday to saturday overnight stay? is the air conditioning real good -- it's sometimes super hot here where i am in the fall -- and sometimes venues only turn the air on for the event -- i would not trust their refrigerators becuase of potential smells invading the cupcakes and potential accidents --

i think american buttercream made with butter is still muy delicious and easier to eat -- a tiny bit less messy than swiss when you're in typical wedding garb --

and it depends on the venue -- i was Never cool with leaving things overnight -- i did not like my work to be out of my control anywhere --

as far as your bake/freeze/thaw you should be fine -- i would recommend using a non-butter based cake batter because butter cakes stay firmer after being chilled or frozen -- 

and test your bake/freeze/thaw with all the exact same cupcake wrappers and recipes because sometimes those things peel off--

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Apr 2022 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 3

and please start a new thread to reply if it doesn't allow you to reply here -- copy your post before you hit "submit" then you can paste it in a new thread if it doesn't let you answer here --

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%