Will I Ruin Ganache If I Put Cherry Sauce Over It?

Decorating By Jenny468 Updated 25 Apr 2022 , 5:05pm by -K8memphis

Jenny468 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny468 Posted 23 Apr 2022 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 4

Hello, I have been looking all around, and can't find any site that has addressed this.  I want to put a ganache over a  top of a baked cheesecake, then put cherry sauce on top of that, to make it like a black forest cheesecake.  Will the wetness of the cherry sauce change the structure of the ganache, and make it split and get runny? I am thinking if I make the ganache thick enough, the cherry sauce shouldn't bleed through it.  A friend ordered it to bring to a charity, so I don't want to ruin it!  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance! 

3 replies
ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 23 Apr 2022 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 4

Once the ganache is set...the matter is settled! If you proceed with a fresh still runny ganache you are taking the risk of getting into a big mess. I would let the ganache set in the fridge for some 15 minutes at least and then proceed with the cherry layer (that should be chilled or at least at room temperature... not even warm! Two lovely flavors, two distinctive, separate and stable layers. Voila!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Apr 2022 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 4

two different ideas to toss into the idea pot — thread the cherry juju into the cheesecake mixture — and don’t mix it all up — marble it — then bake —

and another is, after baking, pour the cherry  on top — chill it real good so it won’t move when you ganache it —

you could always whip the ganache for easier handling — 

just running my mouth waiting for my husband 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Apr 2022 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 4

you gotta test those ideas first with a small amount of your mixtures to be sure they work —

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%