Of Bad Bosses And Labor Shortages (Update)

Lounge By angesradieux Updated 24 Feb 2022 , 6:18pm by littlejewel

angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 22 Feb 2022 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 3

So awhile ago I posted a massively long rant about how mismanaged the ice cream shop I worked as a cake decorator for was, and how abusive my boss was. And then I ended up finding another job and moving on to greener pastures. Because I may not be making more money now, but I think where I'm at now will open more doors down the line and it also got me away from that guy's shop. I've been at my new job for about six months now.

Well. I've moved on. Apparently my old boss has not.

I'm assuming he was looking over his monthly sales report and realized his cake sales for Valentine's Day tanked this year, because he just texted me to "see how I'm doing." Since he never cared about me before, I can only assume it's a precursor to him trying to get me to come back and work for him. The last time he texted me was in December, when I know he was panicking about filling all the holiday cake orders. I poked around online and he's still averaging a new 1-2 star review every one to two weeks since I've left and on the website his hours are now reduced to 3pm-8pm. I used to have the store open from 12:30-9pm.

Maybe it's petty to take pleasure in someone else's misfortune. But honestly it just warms my heart a little to know that karma has caught up with him and he's realized he made a mistake being such a cheap jerk. And also, if your business model is such that it can't recover from your employees quitting even after six months, your business was kind of doomed anyway.

I assume I will be getting more texts around Mother's Day and Father's Day, too. Maybe then I'll link him to some youtube tutorials so he can start learning how to make passable cakes himself, because even if I did want a second job to make some extra money, I have a standing invitation to work at a different location of the same franchise, that's closer to my house, owned by someone who's a much better manager, and has a far more functional business model. And I had another bakery I'd applied to before calling me to say they'd found my resume on file and wanted to know if I was still interested in a job. I absolutely don't need him for anything and there isn't enough money in the world to make me go back.

I genuinely hope he's learned a valuable lesson about how not to treat his employees

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Feb 2022 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 3

it's a well deserved comeuppance for him! it's like watching a train wreck -- can't keep our eyes off it -- it may well be petty but it exudes some sweet satisfaction!!! even sweeter he keeps begging!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

too cool! •high five•

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 24 Feb 2022 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 3

glad to hear you left that unappreciative boss.. K8memphis said it best. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%