Finally A Pumpkin Flavored Item I Can Believe In

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 13 hours ago by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Oct 2021 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 46

jack_o_lantern every year we see more and more pumpkinized products from gasoline to tooth paste -- perhaps a bit of an exaggeration although you know it's just a matter of time --

omg -- i saw a beautiful brioche coffee cake pumpkinized gaghhh! 

but finally, there's a jack_o_lantern  product i can appreciate! the best part is it has no pumpkin!!! jack_o_lantern 

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUglmt58kGQwFOMYIjKJPwvwJP-0MkzwE9fLapYrTtcvUZUuVEOjmTb-L_z9kdAcj-6Ft_piXaZB_bwfLjIkNK8aDV2urOuA

45 replies
littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 10 Oct 2021 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 46
-K8memphis Posted 11 Oct 2021 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 46

littlejewel, your post did not post unfortunately pls try again --

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 11 Oct 2021 , 9:42pm
post #4 of 46

I do love me some pumpkin pie, or cheesecake. And maybe just occasionally I might have a pumpkin latte. But not often, lattes are too sweet. I actually have a recipe for pumpkin spice syrup. I found I didn’t use much of it. Didn’t bother to make again. And I agree K8memphis, everything is too pumpkinized!!! That includes the peanut butter cups. Thanks but no thanks. 

-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2021 , 11:27am
post #5 of 46

jack_o_lantern well, they are just in the shape of a pumpkin without any pumpkin to ruin

the taste -jack_o_lantern

now for truly weird, there's  a cinnamon roll snickers bar coming out as if we didn't have enough candy variations -- and it's just a clash jangling my nerves  -- cinnamon rolls are so unlike a chocolate caramel bar -- I mean I haven't had one though -- it would have to be rolled up instead of poured out to qualify as a beloved cinnamon roll -- and if it is rolled up, it's not a real snickers either -- le sigh

when they come up with weird flavored potato chips that's one thing -- or 50,000 different kinds of goldfish crackers -- those are still chips or crackers -- or maybe a cinnamon Snickers is a possibility but a cinnamon Roll cannot be a chocolate Bar -- I mean my nerves fray when someone thinks they're making a Germans chocolate cake with out Germans chocolate -- 

the struggle is real

jack_o_lantern

-K8memphis Posted 12 Oct 2021 , 11:51am
post #6 of 46

one could do a pretty cool deconstructed chocolate cinnamon roll though -- I would bake a well cinnamoned pan buttery cookie with crushed walnuts for a modicum of balance and cut them in short, narrow bars -- roll them in  sugar so the edges all stick together -- then roll them up or insert into poured and rollef white chocolate that has been flavored with butter oil and vanilla powder -- they would be very small and placed in individual  gold lacey cups for an after dinner bite -- I have a little pastry chef coming out of me this morning ~ 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 Oct 2021 , 1:25am
post #7 of 46

I love pumpkin pie and a nice, spicy pumpkin cake and bread, but that's about all.  I don't like pumpkin cheesecake or any other flavor cheesecake except key lime and plain, New York style.  I do love pumpkin spice candles!

-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2021 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 46

my brother has an adorable golden Irish doodle or maybe it's an Irish golden doodle -- she's a gorgeous curly fluffy red head -- anyhow he snapped a picture of her with a stuffed toy pumpkin in her mouth and he captioned it "pumpkin spice" -- thought that cute --

I guess the best pumpkin things have no real pumpkin involved hahahaha

-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2021 , 6:53pm
post #9 of 46

sandra, I could get behind a couple slices of pumpkin bread!

jchuck Posted 13 Oct 2021 , 8:24pm
post #10 of 46

Ooooo…pumpkin bread. Haven’t had that in ions!!! My Mom use to make spicy pumpkin cake in a terracotta pot. Looked so pretty, and of course, tasted wonderful. I do really like a pumpkin loaf or muffins. I use to make zucchini pumpkin loaf for my kids when they were young. A breakfast/lunch pail staple. 

SandraSmiley Posted 13 Oct 2021 , 10:19pm
post #11 of 46

One of our neighbor's has a birthday on the 29th of October.  She always wants my souped up carrot cake, dubbed Magnolia cake, for her birthday, but I think this year I will make two cakes, the Magnolia cake and a second one spicy pumpkin and shape it like a pumpkin.  She loves pink, so I may cover the pumpkin with pink fondant and give it a gold stem.  Just brainstorming

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Oct 2021 , 12:47am
post #12 of 46

Sandra that pink pumpkin sounds great … both looks & taste wise.  

I’ve been tasked with making 8-12 cake — any size, flavor, theme for our fall festival on the 29th.  I couldn’t wait … already baked most last week.  Ran out of fzr room

SandraSmiley Posted 14 Oct 2021 , 2:38am
post #13 of 46

Kakeladi, I am so happy you are getting to enjoy your new kitchen!  It takes dedication to create masterpieces from a toaster oven!  I look forward to seeing your finished work.

-K8memphis Posted 14 Oct 2021 , 11:19pm
post #14 of 46

lynne, are you making an 8x12 or are you making 8 to 12 cakes? how are you going to decorate it/them? are they for dessert to serve to people or are they being sold?

sandra, I love the idea of a pink pumpkin with a gold stem! or a white pumpkin with a rose gold stem and covered in rose gold scrolls! I'm just day dreaming on your cake don't mind me jack_o_lantern oh the good old days --

SandraSmiley Posted 15 Oct 2021 , 12:40am
post #15 of 46

-K8, the white with rose gold sounds pretty too.  Sue always says she is a princess, so I think it would be fun to give her a dainty, princess pumpkin, lol.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Oct 2021 , 3:32am
post #16 of 46

Sorry it wasn’t clear — that’s 8 to 12 cakes.  Mostly 6” single layer.  A couple 8”x4” & maybe a 3 layer 6”.  Decorated any way I want for my church fall festival cake walk as part of the night’s “trick to trunk” evening.   No spooky/witch etc stuff:).   Biggest problem is very little fzr room.  They don’t want them boxed so can’t stack them.  Can take them to the church where there is lots of refrigeration but somewhat open to anyone who would pass thru.   Uncovered/unwrapped cakes could be very tempting :( ?  

one thing I’ll do is a pumpkin & haystack field.  Stuff ice cream cones with cake scrapes then cover with tip 67 long leaves:)  1/2 ball cupcakes  & small all fondant as pumpkins.  

Picked up couple fall designs off the internet for the cakes.  I’ve discovered rice paper sails& love, love, love how they look so at least 1 or 2 designs will use them.  

SandraSmiley Posted 15 Oct 2021 , 2:34pm
post #17 of 46

You could always box the cakes for stacking at home, then remove them after you get to the church.  They would be easier to move, too.

I love the rice paper sails too!  I even used the spring roll wrappers to make a cape for one of my models and a swirly skirt for another.  The sails are my favorite, though.  If I would you, I probably would not be able to restrain myself and decorate all of them with the sails, lol.

-K8memphis Posted 15 Oct 2021 , 3:53pm
post #18 of 46

so sailing hay stacks then? hahahaha

all the stuff sounds awrsome!!! enjoy yourselves!!!

-K8memphis Posted 15 Oct 2021 , 3:57pm
post #19 of 46

*awesome

-K8memphis Posted 15 Oct 2021 , 4:04pm
post #20 of 46

I tell yah, my favorite pumpkin cake was sculpted underneath to make all the vertical sections then covered in poured ganache -- was so easy & fun & decadently delicious mmmm gimme some -- the finish on the ganache mimicked the finish on the real pumpkin skin --

fall and Halloween is just the best time for a big sugar buzz

jchuck Posted 15 Oct 2021 , 9:39pm
post #21 of 46

How much fun kakeladi/lynne using your new kitchen and oven. Sounds like your’e having fun with the planning. I like the idea of the pumpkin and haystack field. And the stuffed ice cream cones. I too have used spring roll wrappers for sails. Lots of fun.

And K8memphis…poured ganache over the pumpkin cake sounds soooo good. And you’re right Halloween is sooo much fun and the best…total buzzzzzzz

Sandra I really like the idea of a girly pink pumpkin with a gold stem and some glitter. But white with rose gold sounds pretty too…decisions….decisions. 

And I really gotta try making a magnolia cake. It sounds so scrummy.

SandraSmiley Posted 1 week ago
post #22 of 46

Yes, Kate, the poured ganache does sound good.  I will look up  how to make it right now.  I will probably use fondant, however, because I have fondant scraps left over from making the wedding cake from last weekend.  It was marbled burgundy, so if I knead it all together, it is a pretty, purplish pink.  That's what have me the idea of a pink pumpkin.

-K8memphis Posted 1 week ago
post #23 of 46

take the easy route! it will be beautiful!

jchuck Posted 1 week ago
post #24 of 46

Sandra smart idea. Use up all the fondant. The purpley colour sounds pretty.

I may, or may not be making a 1st holy communion cake. My daughter swore up and down her kids, my grandboys, were NEVER, getting baptized, nor having 1st communion. Well, change of heart. Both boys never baptized. But will be baptized in a week. Then oldest grandson is having his first communion the week after. Very few are being allowed to attend. Obviously  because of Covid. Glad too as in “normal” times, it can become a zoo with some families inviting multiple, multiple guests. Becomes a popularity contest, and giant party. Not the sacrament it’s supposed to be.  I remember when my daughter had her 1st communion, people saving rows of pews for their guests.  Some families relatives had to stand outside in the foyer/narthex of the church because there weren’t any seats left in the pews. I soooo remember the priest at Sunday Mass addressing this issue, very angry at the selfishness.  Especially when families were asked to limit guests at the church. Big changes after that. When my son had his 1st communion 4 years later, each child was given so many “tickets” for guests. So no more selfish families taking up multiple pews/space. I still remember my confirmation and communion. Only parents and siblings allowed in attendance. 

post #25 of 46

I was baptized in the creek, so there was plenty of room for everyone on the creek bank!

post #26 of 46

By the way, that was my choice.  As a member of the Methodist church, most people were baptized by sprinkling, but I wanted to be baptized like Jesus.

-K8memphis Posted 1 week ago
post #27 of 46

sandra, wait though, poured ganache is just regular ganache warm enough to pour -- I just meant ganache that is poured

SandraSmiley Posted 6 days ago
post #28 of 46

Oh, I got you, -K8!  I baked the cakes this morning, six one inch tiers that I am planning to fill with a stiff cream cheese frosting.  I was planning to use buttercream under the fondant, but the cake is so tender, I am afraid it will not hold up, so I am going to use your suggestion and cover it with white chocolate ganache and hope it is sturdy enough to support the fondant.  I think it will because the Satin Ice fondant can be rolled very thin.  If it goes flat, well, it is just us and the neighbors, so we will enjoy eating it anyway.

-K8memphis Posted 6 days ago
post #29 of 46

I’m sure it will be fine…and gorgeous!

-K8memphis Posted 5 days ago
post #30 of 46

this is Funny -- so you know I'm hyper about the weird pumpkin flavored everything this time of year -- so we are at Costco today and I see this huge section of pumpkin orange containers saying PUNKIN in the coffee aisle -- I'm like o.m.g.! they've truly gone beserk with this load of pumpkin coffee! but no it was dunkin coffee! from dunkin doughnuts -- haha hahaha

in other news I gotta beautiful 16 oz bottle of vanilla -- and this kinda hurts to say because it used to be eight bucks but it was Only $15 -- and we know that's a great price all things considered --  I'm gonna sleep with it under my pillow blush

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%