How Much Cake Can 1 Person Handle?

Decorating By mrsmac888 Updated 9 Jul 2021 , 2:18pm by kakeladi

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 8 Jul 2021 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 6

What is the largest cake you've made by yourself? How many tiers/cakes?  I was asked to make the biggest cake I've ever done and am wondering, should I employ the help of another local home baker?  The most I've ever done was a 5 tier wedding cake with 2 sheet cakes.  

5 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 8 Jul 2021 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 6

The same for me, 45" tall, five tiered cake.  I did all of it by myself, but I started on the flowers months ahead of time.  I transported it unstacked and stacked at the venue.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2021 , 2:22am
post #3 of 6

I did a massive cake over 600 servings -- it was almost fifty years ago -- my family member who took pictures for me forgot to take the lens cap off -- it was a five tier and two 3-tiers and two 2-tiers I think -- and two or three fountains, two I think -- heck, I can't remember -- but it was my biggest --

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2021 , 2:23am
post #4 of 6

and I did it all myself from buying the eggs to delivery

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 9 Jul 2021 , 3:36am
post #5 of 6

How much cake can 1 person handle? I guess it depends on the person!

I made an 11-tier wedding cake for my own wedding! The main cake was 26"x22" [fountain] 14"x10"x6" with two satellite cakes [fountain] 14"x10"x6 and [fountain] 14"x10"x6". It fit on a 6' round table. We served 4 tiers and had 7 tiers leftover. We were asking everyone to take cake home with them, and even gave away entire tiers to friends that were in from out of town to share with their family!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jul 2021 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 6

After thinking about your question I realize I have made at least a 1/2 dozen that fit that description.  Tried several times to attach pix but can’t..   one was almost  as K8 described hers & in the same time frame :)   It was set up across 2 banquet tables.    Another was 6  or 8 x 1/2 sheets each 2 layers plus a 12” sq.  Then there was a 6 tier that had to be set up at 7 am @  the micro-managing  MOB’s request!  At 10 minutes after 7 i was unloading the cake & got a frantic call from MOB “where was I?”  She had her husband  stationed at a front door telling her I was not there while I used the kitchen door:(.  

Only you know what you can handle.   Bring in someone who you have not worked with might cause more problems than help.  Think long & hard on that idea. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%