Teaching Sugar Work To Children

Baking By neda_la Updated 29 Apr 2021 , 4:31pm by -K8memphis

neda_la Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neda_la Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 4:51am
post #1 of 3

Good afternoon everyone,

This past year has been a very difficult one for us, and our family has had no income since June, other than the cakes I make at home. I was thinking that the pressure and work load that is on me everyday, is not worth it that much.

I was thinking of doing something on the side such as teaching. Now I don't know whether I should do this online or in person, to teach to adult to kids or to teens. Any tips would be very helpful.

Thank you 

2 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 9:47am
post #2 of 3

You already know the answer. If you like working in person, one on one, hands on. then do that. if you are more comfortable keeping a distance from your students then online.  Also, close your eyes... imagine teaching,  who do you see yourself most comfortable with? adult? child? teen?  The adults are gonna want to be shown everything, usually, and children want to have fun, not so much perfection and short attention, teens are going to want to do it themselves and show how much better theirs is. Lol.  I have worked with all three.  age 12-18 were the best in my experience, but I love kids those ages, they ate up the praise and accomplishments i lavished on them.   A small amount of advice if you want it.  Don’t try to teach all ages at once, you will stick your head in the stove after 20 minutes. try classes designed for each age group. Have different things for each group to learn so you don’t grow bored. 

Good Luck, and enjoy the ride. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 3

royal icing is infinitely easier.to clean up than buttercream

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%