Florist Tape

Decorating By -K8memphis Updated 29 Apr 2021 , 11:21pm by SandraSmiley

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Apr 2021 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 22

I just went to the store specifically for some florist tape so I can finish this project and surprise surprise it doesn't stick to itself -- is there such a real thing as unsticky florist tape? I stretched it a bit -- nothing!

this is defective yes? 

I've only ever gotten the sticky stuff -- is there more than one kind?

signed, not particularly happy camper blush

21 replies
ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 12:28am
post #2 of 22

Did you check the expiration date? ;)

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 2:14am
post #3 of 22

Sometimes mine is more sticky than other times.  I was just guessing some was older than others or maybe a different brand.

-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 22

stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye reggie, you so funny! 

sandra -- I think if you have to glue on your florist tape, there's a problem -- agh! scream

SandraSmiley Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 22

I agree, -K8......with both statements, lol!

ReginaCoeliB Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 22

Funny...? Why? Seriously, the other day I got paper for stickers in the thrift store in town, the date in the package was from the nineties... And guess what, the stickiness was gone :(  I'm now use it for printing coloring pages to keep the rascal busy... and away from the walls!

-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 22

don’t forget you’re talking to a genuine vintage caker — I’ve owned florist tape for decades that stayed sticky — stuff lasts forever — sent it all to bolivia though — 

no expiration date on package but the stuff I always got was wrapped like a sandwich — this was just in a plastic bag so they could hang it on the shelf at the store —

le sigh

SandraSmiley Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 8:10pm
post #8 of 22

It wasn't the remark about the expiration date that made me think you are funny, RegiaCoeliB, it's everything else......like calling your son "the rascal"!

-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 8:59pm
post #9 of 22

reggie i've just never seen an expiration date on florist tape but again I've been out of the loop for some time -- I seriously thought you were making a joke -- I did not know there were expiration dates on them -- sorry, lovely friend heart_eyes

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 10:41pm
post #10 of 22

Well K8memphis/Kate

Like you I’ve had some florist tape like forever. I bought a new package about 3 months ago, but it was in in a well wrapped. Was good and sticky. And I checked the pkg floral tape was in, and no “expiry date” on the pkg. 

Regina…..I laughed at “little rascal”…. I’ve used choicer words to have described my kids when they were small….

jchuck Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 10:42pm
post #11 of 22

Well K8memphis/Kate

Like you I’ve had some florist tape like forever. I bought a new package about 3 months ago, but it was in in a well wrapped. Was good and sticky. And I checked the pkg floral tape was in, and no “expiry date” on the pkg. 

Regina…..I laughed at “little rascal”…. I’ve used choicer words to have described my kids when they were small….

jchuck Posted 28 Apr 2021 , 10:42pm
post #12 of 22

Well K8memphis/Kate

ReginaCoeliB Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 12:40am
post #13 of 22

Ugggh....You know I'm not a native English speaker...is it rascal a bad name to call a child? Isn't a rascal a veeeeeeeeeeery naughty, mischievous guy... because that is what my rascal is.... Oh, if I had the courage to tell you the treacheries he has done to my plants... to the birds in the garden... to his toys... and to his homework... you will understand... And then, with his long and curly eye lashes he looks at me with that irresistible smile and tells me... Mommy, I love you! He melts my anger, destroys my arguments... and conquer my forgiveness one more time! He is just 7, can you imagine him when he turns 15... pity.... piiiity on me!  

ReginaCoeliB Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 1:38am
post #14 of 22

Oh, and yes, the expiration date thing was a joke!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 9:06am
post #15 of 22

reading these responses was delightful, I don’t know what you are using the floral tape for, project wise, but if it’s to put around flowers etc, i can help. My specialty was/is live flowers on cakes. when the tape wouldn’t stretch and adhere itself right. i used royal icing on it. i would put a small strip of icing along stem then wrap and use a dot of royal icing to adhere the end piece. hope that helps

SandraSmiley Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 3:12pm
post #16 of 22

ReginaCoeliB, "Rascal" is exactly the correct word for your sweet boy!

ReginaCoeliB Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 6:04pm
post #17 of 22

Yesssss! Please, feel free to correct my broken English and my vocabulary as needed! And I offer my humble help with your broken Spanish as well!

jchuck Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 6:19pm
post #18 of 22

Oh Regina we were teasing you about the name rascal. Yes, it’s an appropriate word. My son was totally a little rascal when he was little. Always inquisitive, which sometimes got him into trouble…..

ReginaCoeliB Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 7:11pm
post #19 of 22

Teasers teasing a teaser?... marvelous!.. that only happens in a sorority like ours! Love you ladies! My life without you... and the rascal, of course, will be boring!

-K8memphis Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 7:34pm
post #20 of 22

I think he inherited that trait from his momma!

-K8memphis Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 8:01pm
post #21 of 22

tesso, thank you for the great tip -- alas it is not for a cake -- wah wah 

I might just go a different route altogether idk  

SandraSmiley Posted 29 Apr 2021 , 11:21pm
post #22 of 22

I so agree, -K8!  I can see ReginaCoeliB as a total little rascal!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%