Camouflage Cake

Decorating By jpjones-1 Updated 12 Apr 2021 , 8:25pm by jpjones-1

jpjones-1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpjones-1 Posted 11 Apr 2021 , 11:40am
post #1 of 5

Good morning, I haven’t been on the forum for a while and I just want to say I am glad that I know a place to go and ask for help in this business of cake decorating.  

I was asked to make a buttercream camouflage birthday cake with soldiers on top. I would like to know if anyone has ideas or can guide me to getting instructions on how to successfully create this cake. Also where can I purchase the soldier molds?  Thank you so much.

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2021 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 5

pipe different camo color blobs on the cake -- smooth them over with a pristine smooth cloth or paper towel -- i fold mine all up and just press it onto the crusting icing -- what about plastic soldiers do they even make those anymore? or you could airbrush it if you use a non-crusting buttercream --

Search - Candyland Crafts&Design Center

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2021 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 5

wow here's a boatload of soldier molds but it's for making metal soldiers and they're pricey -- but ain't a lot of soldier molds i can readily find 

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpjones-1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jpjones-1 Posted 12 Apr 2021 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for your response and so promptly.    I will follow the link and use the viva paper towel idea to complete it.  JPJones-1

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%