Help On Wedding Cake Design

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 25 Feb 2021 , 12:54am by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 22 Feb 2021 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 9

Ok so I’m doing this cake for my friend ! It’s going to look like this except no black paisley design around it but white only with stencil ! I decided because I can’t do the black paisley design because it smears from practicing it but the White comes out nice ! 

So I asked her to do the Black mini draping dots With black mini hearts In place of the black paisley design then alter with the white design BUT I’m not sure I can picture this alternating on cake ! Where would you place the white paisley designs from stencil and the draping dots on cake ? Like how can I incorporate the dots into cake along with design to not look funny ? 

I posted the cake she wants along with my drawing of draping dots and hearts . I’ll draw the dots but put fondant mini hearts over the dots like pictured . Just not sure where to place this on cake with the white iced paisley design ? 

Also how do I get that champagne blush color ? What 2 colors should I mix  to get that color fondant ? It’s not light pink . It’s more of a Rose champagne color her bridesmaid dresses with a satin look . 

Lastly , what would use dimensions for cake stacking to feed 150 ? 10x8x6 ? Or 12x8 x 6 or ??  

.  Thks !! So stressful yet excited ! Help On Wedding Cake DesignHelp On Wedding Cake Design

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Feb 2021 , 6:07am
post #2 of 9

Ok I think I understand the ?s . When you look at the black lace design in the pic posted I think I’d  put the lines of dots/hearts at either side &the middle where the lace design would be.  So the lace design is replaced with 3 lines.  

As for # of servings— definitely need 12”x4 or 6”; an 8” double barrel then a 6” double barrel.  Using dbl barrels gives you an extra 30-45 servings.  Even that is only going to yield about 100-110 if I remember right — not 150:(    Try 14”;10”;6” to get just over 150. 

jenscreativity Posted 23 Feb 2021 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 9

Anyone out there to help me ???!!! Please ?? 

jenscreativity Posted 23 Feb 2021 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 9

Kakeladi 

ty !!!  So the bottom layer with dots and white lace alternating around the cake ? I’m trying to envision what you’re saying but it’s hard to do . If it’s not too much to ask , can you draw what you mean and post it ? Like nothing perfect but just what you mean ? I want this to look nice But I just can’t envision it

jenscreativity Posted 23 Feb 2021 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 9

Kakeladi 

ty !!!  So the bottom layer with dots and white lace alternating around the cake ? I’m trying to envision what you’re saying but it’s hard to do . If it’s not too much to ask , can you draw what you mean and post it ? Like nothing perfect but just what you mean ? I want this to look nice But I just can’t envision it

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Feb 2021 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 9

when is the wedding?

jenscreativity Posted 23 Feb 2021 , 4:39pm
post #7 of 9

March 21st ! 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Feb 2021 , 9:22pm
post #8 of 9

Help On Wedding Cake DesignHelp On Wedding Cake DesignHere’s 2 ideas addressing only the bottom tier: 

1)  Depending on the size of the tier make only 4 or 5 lace motifs.  I’d even just use the inside part of it then pipe the line of mini hearts between each.  

2) forget the lace motifs.  Pipe the inside swirl part in a line then a line of hearts.  Measure around the cake so they are evenly  dispersed around the tier.  

jenscreativity Posted 25 Feb 2021 , 12:54am
post #9 of 9

Wow ! Very nice !!! Ty so much  !!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%