Money Box/atm Filled With Cash Inside Top Of Cake

Decorating By sudie1 Updated 3 Feb 2021 , 10:57pm by -K8memphis

sudie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sudie1 Posted 3 Feb 2021 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 3

I have a customer wanting me to insert one of the ATM Money Boxes that the birthday person pulls the roll of cash (inserted in plastic sleeves and rolled up inside the money box) from the cake.  I understand that I need to cut a square out of the cake and insert the money box device prior to icing the cake, but the top of the money box has to have a "pull" on the top of the cake for the person to grab to get it started.  How do I decorate the cake without getting icing inside the opening of the money box and messing the roll of money up? What to use for the pull? And what about the liability of them giving me their money box with their money already placed inside? This is not as easy as everyone thinks and the videos make t look!  HELP!!!

2 replies
theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 3 Feb 2021 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 3

I made a money box out of cookies for my nephew a year ago and that was a lot easier because the box was empty except for the money rolled up. I would use melted chocolate to protect the edges of the cake around the money pull.  How about making a non-edible cardboard ATM card that is the 'pull' and make it a bit larger so it really covers up the hole you've got.  It also won't fall inside the cake during transport which would be a reason to scream!

I have nothing to add about the liability of the money given to you - I understand that as a question but I am interested in others' replies.

Theresa

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Feb 2021 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 3

i don't know exactly what this looks like -- i get the general idea of implanting a special gift into a cake though so here are a few ideas for the idea pot

1.) encase it in a foam dummy and ice it as if it was the cake

2.) for the pull thing -- back in the day there used to be charms that brides used to give to their bridesmaids -- that were placed in the cake on ribbons that they pulled out -- so it could be tied up in a ribbon that sticks out to be pulled on -- or is the roll of money being unrolled as it is pulled out? idk but #1 would work for that possibility

3.) my first thought was wrap the thing in plastic wrap so it won't get goopy that way --

4.) i mean depends on how much money too i guess -- me i would make it so it could be set into foam so potentially they could put it in on site -- but then again bakeries will hold brides' toppers (at least they did back in the day) and some of those were pretty pricey so there's precedent fwiw

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%