What Are These Little Balls??

Decorating By Miss-B-Cakes Updated 4 Feb 2021 , 12:27am by jchuck

Miss-B-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miss-B-Cakes Posted 1 Feb 2021 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 9

Someone asked me to make this strawberry tower and I see these little balls anyone know what they are? I don’t think they would be dragees that would be far too hard and crunchy?? I thought maybe rice crisps  but usually they are more yellow? Any ideas?? What Are These Little Balls??

8 replies
Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 1 Feb 2021 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 9

This is a total guess, never did that myself (but I saw few videos of chocolate coral made that way). What if you make drops of white chocolate melts with a syringe over a bowl of cold water and use them as chocolate pearl?

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 1 Feb 2021 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 9

I agree with Laetia, it looks like pipe dots of white chocolate.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Feb 2021 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 9

They look like nonpareils to me, tiny sugar pearls.  You can buy the at Walmart.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Feb 2021 , 1:04am
post #5 of 9

they could be little fondant pearls -- a little easier on the teeth than draggees but could be either -- or could be done piping royal icing dots

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Feb 2021 , 1:08am
post #6 of 9

I remember having a little arsenal of every size white dot I ever wanted -- I even found some at the grocery store!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Feb 2021 , 4:11am
post #7 of 9

I totally agree with Sandra— nonpareils.  They come in different sizes —saw them at a local cake supply store recently.  

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 4 Feb 2021 , 12:27am
post #9 of 9

Well what do you know about that!!!! White chocolate pearls....who knew. Not me!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%