What Is A "wedding Package?"

Business By inthekitchen2 Updated 4 Nov 2020 , 5:41pm by -K8memphis

inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 3 Nov 2020 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 6

I've stated before, I don't do a lot of weddings. I don't advertise for them, I personally think it's too much stress. But, if asked and terms are agreed, I have done them. I am being asked what "wedding packages" I offer. I have no idea what this means. I'm a home baker, and do all kinds of baked items, but I don't have a "package". How do I answer this? Thanks in advance. 

5 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 4 Nov 2020 , 12:18am
post #2 of 6

I am a home baker too, so I will answer from that perspective.  Advise the customer that you have no specific package, each wedding is different.  Suggest a meeting to discuss their expectations and this gives you the opportunity to let them know what other treats you are able to supply, including a groom's cake, cookies, etc.  

If you are unable to respond, just start a new post with the same title and we will  understand what is going on.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Nov 2020 , 3:20am
post #3 of 6

My point of view is they want you basically todo everything related to sweets —everything from tablecloths, silver, cookies, appetizers probably all but the meal itself     Take Sandra’s advice :)  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2020 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 6

I just think they have their vendors mixed up -- most b&g's  are new at this  -- cakers don't offer 'packages' -- venues and caterers offer packages, wedding coordinators are the package deal, coordinating everything --

cakers rarely even skirt the table or provide silverware, plates or anything like that -- we might provide cake knives, plateaus, and perhaps cake table decor like petals -- even if they want candles or something on the cake table, they usually provide it so it all matches everything else -- 

inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 4 Nov 2020 , 5:09pm
post #5 of 6

Okay, thank you. I  wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something before I responded. I will respond that I don't offer packages, what I do offer, and we'll see where it goes. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Nov 2020 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 6

yeah that's what i would do -- cakers have their hands full with what they do already and to get it right a caker would not want to complicate their role -- unless it was for family and even then when i did my kids cakes i exempted myself and my husband from other wedding duties because he was my backup -- also i was very tired at those weddings too so... 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%