Sheet Cake

Baking By Misskitty90 Updated 6 Oct 2020 , 12:51am by kakeladi

Misskitty90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misskitty90 Posted 5 Oct 2020 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 5

Hi cake friends! I havent made a sheet cake this size before. Do I fill it 1/2 full of batter or close to?  If I bake it at 325 degrees is that okay....and how many layers should I do?  It is for a babtism.  Thanks!

4 replies
Misskitty90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misskitty90 Posted 5 Oct 2020 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 5

Sheet CakeSheet Cake

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Oct 2020 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 5

as to how many layers, it depends on how many servings they need -- in my experience a sheet cake is one layer, a split sheet cake is filled -- so that looks like two layers -- but there are a lot of variables -- if the end product is four inches tall, the servings are doubled if it's just filled and two inches tall its less servings -- too many variables -- need more info -- 

I bake at 350 and lower the temp at the end of baking

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Oct 2020 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 5

you can fill a two inch deep pan half way to three-quarters full

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Oct 2020 , 12:51am
post #5 of 5

Originally a sheet cake was not filled & only 1 1/2” to 2” tall.  But you know how people are—if they can be different they will dream up some way to change things :(   Im  probably guilty of that LOL as I ofte  would split & fill & if a wedding “kitchen cake “ would make it a 2 layers.   

Do fine pan just over 1/2 full .   I prefer to bake at 300 degrees F for about 25 minutes then turn the oven up to 325 for an equal amount of time.  This results ina very moist, flat cake that will not need leveling:)   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%