Help! 2 Tier Split Cake With Flowers Inside

Decorating By Blairscake Updated 27 Aug 2020 , 1:03am by kakeladi

Blairscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blairscake Posted 26 Aug 2020 , 4:14am
post #1 of 4

How do you support a 2 tier cake that is split in half and then decorated  with buttercream flowers inside? Please help?

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Aug 2020 , 4:41am
post #2 of 4

I know the design idea...never made one.....as I remember from discussions on other forums each 1/2 has a center dowel down thru it & into the base board/drum.   There should be no need for any support dowels but if it makes u feel better put one on ea end... about 2” in from the ends & centered 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 26 Aug 2020 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 4

Since it is two tiers, you will need the usual dowels in the bottom tier to support the top tier with a cake board between the two.  Unless I had a long or difficult delivery, I would not bother with a central dowel, but it certainly would not hurt anything.

If you are unable to respond to this post, just start a new one and reference the original title.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Aug 2020 , 1:03am
post #4 of 4

Well somehow I missed that this is a 2 tier so I stand be “MOST” of my response:)   Yes oh are right that bottom tier would need to have doweling.  But the center dowel is there to keep the tall 1/2 tiered cake from falling.   As I said that’s what has been discussed on another forum   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%