Mystery Flavor Extract Help!

Baking By Bakemiacake520 Updated 24 Aug 2020 , 1:22pm by SandraSmiley

Bakemiacake520 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakemiacake520 Posted 23 Aug 2020 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 5

This Mystery Flavor extract from Kitchen Krafts has been discontinued and I'm DESPERATE to get more! Does anyone know where to get more,  or know what's in it,  or know of anything super similar? I use it in my buttercream and it's fabulous.  Almost smells like a mix of vanilla,  almond,  butter, maybe a little cherry? I'm just not sure

4 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Aug 2020 , 12:05am
post #2 of 5

I've never heard of Mystery Flavor, but your description of the smell is a very popular combination and delicious.  Lemon is often used, in place of cherry, with the vanilla, almond and butter flavors.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Aug 2020 , 2:51am
post #3 of 5

Almonds are in the same family w/cherry so that’s probably What you smell.   I have used that combination for yrs  :)   Try making up my recipe for it to see how close it comes.

Flavorings can be *ANY!* combination you want. What I used mostly is: 1 part vanilla; 1/2 part butter flavoring and 1/4 part almond. A “Part” can be any measure you want. Do you make many, many cakes? Mix it up by the cupfuls or even gallons; OR if for only one cake/batch of icing use teaspoons as the ‘part’/measure. 

Don’t like almond? please do try it as stated at least once then you can  try other combinations like adding  lemon OR orange  or whatever you want or replacing one of the 3.  Make one change at a time, keeping notes on which combination made & your likes or not.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Aug 2020 , 2:55am
post #4 of 5

Try adding cherry along w/the van, alm, & butter.   Using 3 or more flavors together give a much more complex flavor to baking

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Aug 2020 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 5

Almond is my favorite cake flavoring, so I always use equal parts vanilla and almond with a half measure of a third flavor.  I only use butter flavoring if I have not used butter in my recipe.

I did find Myster Flavor when I Googled it and found some discussion as to its content.  Everyone is of the same opinion: vanilla, almond, butter and cherry, lemon, orange, or another bright flavor. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%