Need Help

Baking By Miladis Updated 4 Sep 2020 , 5:05pm by -K8memphis

Miladis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miladis Posted 19 Aug 2020 , 4:09am
post #1 of 13

So I have to make a cake the feed about 25 plp the theme is Alice in wonderland unbirthday cake. Does anyone have any idea how to make it. It need to be smooth I have seen some that you can tell is 3 different size of cakes but I don't want it to look like that any idea anyone ? Thank you in advance 

12 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Aug 2020 , 12:33pm
post #2 of 13

Three 8” layers each one 2” tall  should give enough servings for 25 people.   

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 19 Aug 2020 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 13

You said,"It need to be smooth I have seen some that you can tell is 3 different size of cakes but I don't want it to look like that any idea anyone ?"

I am sorry, but I do not understand what you mean.  By three different size cakes, do you mean a three tier cake?  Please be a little more specific or attach an example of what you are describing.

Miladis Posted 20 Aug 2020 , 2:46am
post #4 of 13

Need HelpNeed Helppicture 1 is how I want the cake to look like but I have no idea how to make the shape, picture 2 are the only tutorial I have found I don't want it like that so if anyone one have any idea how to get the shape of cake the feed about 25 I will really appreciate it. Thank you 

kakeladi Posted 20 Aug 2020 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 13

You will need to bake one layer each in different size pane — probably 8”,9”,&10” OR three layers in a 10” pan & cut it to form the shape.   Im thinking a 4th layer might be needed to ensure enough servings.  

SandraSmiley Posted 20 Aug 2020 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks for attaching the pictures, Miladis!  Now I can help you. 

Here are a couple of good tutorials showing how to carve a topsy turvy cake and a  Mad Hatter cake.  The same technique applies to the picture you posted, just don't taper the top or use the exact same shape as the Mad Hatter cake.  You will need a good, sturdy recipe and the cake needs to be frozen before you start to carve. It will be easier to carve with the small surface on top, then flip it when you are through carving.

https://wickedgoodies.com/2012/08/how-to-make-a-topsy-turvy-cake/

https://bakingfanatic.wordpress.com/2016/08/15/mad-hatters-tea-party-cake/

To serve 25, you need a 12" round cake.  I suggest doing a double barrel with four 2" tall layers or six 1-1/2" layers divided by a cake board in the middle.  Here is a video showing how to stack a double barrel.  Since you will be carving it, be sure the center cake board is slightly smaller than the cake to allow for the taper.  By doing a double barrel, you can get away with using a 9" or 10" because only half of the height will be used as a serving.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+make+a+double+barrel+cake&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS708US708&oq=How+to+make+a+double+barrel+cake&aqs=chrome.0.0l5.5239j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_uIs-X7q4Nrqs0PEPgdC5mAU44

In case you do not have a sturdy cake recipe, here is kakeladi's Original WASC, which can be adapted to any flavor, is super moist and sturdy enough to stack and carve.

https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe

Best of luck and give a shout if you have any more questions.

Miladis Posted 22 Aug 2020 , 3:22am
post #7 of 13

Sandrasmiley thank you very much 

SandraSmiley Posted 22 Aug 2020 , 1:55pm
post #8 of 13

You are very welcome, Miladis!  Good luck and don't forget to post pictures!

Miladis Posted 30 Aug 2020 , 4:09pm
post #9 of 13

Sandrasmiley, Thank you again and this is how it came out Need Help

SandraSmiley Posted 30 Aug 2020 , 5:51pm
post #10 of 13

Oh man, you killed it!  Even better than the pictures and so cute!  Give yourself a big pat on the back and a big hug from me!

kakeladi Posted 31 Aug 2020 , 5:26am
post #11 of 13

Wonderful   Wonderful   Such a good job you did: )

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Sep 2020 , 5:04pm
post #12 of 13

wow -- awesome!!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Sep 2020 , 5:05pm
post #13 of 13

purple_heart i especially love your candle 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%