Sugar-Free Ermine Frosting Flavor

Decorating By paws4thoughthandmade Updated 12 Aug 2020 , 12:45am by SandraSmiley

paws4thoughthandmade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paws4thoughthandmade Posted 11 Aug 2020 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 3
Hi all! smiley I'm new here, and I'm happy to have found a place for all my burning questions! (No pun intended.) This is something that's been bugging me for a while: my go-to cake topper is a sugar-free ermine frosting that has consistently produced awesome results in terms of texture, pipeability, and how it takes icing colors. The taste is what throws me, though--it always has a slight tanginess similar to cream cheese frosting, even though there's no cream cheese in it! Is this flavor inherent to ermine frosting, even one made with sugar? What could I add to counteract the tanginess without changing the texture? I'd love to taste the vanilla only, so it becomes a base frosting that's good on its own or with variations (I like to play around with different flavors in my frosting, but with the recipe as-is, they all wind up having that cream-cheesy undertone).

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Aug 2020 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 3

Just letting you know your post has been seen by someone who has not used that type of icing :(  since you are new on this site U will not be able to reply to any post for about a month so if you have anything to say just start a new post referring to the one you talking about.    

Someone will be along to help you soon I hope

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 12 Aug 2020 , 12:45am
post #3 of 3

It would be helpful if you would share the recipe.  What are you using to sweeten the frosting?  Without seeing the recipe, I suspect the tanginess comes from your artificial sweetener...........if you are using artifical sweetener, that is.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%