Any Cake Pan Brand Recommendations?

Baking By CristyCE Updated 6 days ago by kakeladi

CristyCE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyCE Posted 6 days ago
post #1 of 4

Hi guys! So for a while now I've only had two 9-inch Calphalon nonstick cake pans, and one gold 8-inch cake pan (it doesn't have a brand name on it, but I think it was from Williams-Sonoma). I know having 3 pans of one size is ideal, especially when making 3 or 6 layer cakes. I also want to get better quality cake pans, and have all 3 of each size as the same brand so they bake similarly.

Any recommendations for brand and models? I've heard Nordic Ware Naturals Nonstick might be pretty good, but I'd love all opinions and experiences from using different brands. If I'm going to be spending $70+ on 6 cake pans, I want them to be good! Thanks for any insight!

3 replies
rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 6 days ago
post #2 of 4

I have a lot of Fat Daddios. They work well. If you have a Home Goods or TJ Maxx near you, they usually have them. Good prices.

I really liked Magic Line, but they do cost a bit more. I think their square pans are the best for sharp corners.

Wilton pans are too thin. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 days ago
post #3 of 4

I use Fat Daddio and Wilton.  Personally, I think one bakes just as well as the other.  Fat Daddio pans require a lower baking temperature, so if you are using one of them, they need to all be Fat Daddio.  It is a personal perference, but I like using 3" deep pans because I have a tendency to over fill, causing the tins to overflow in the oven.  Another think that is important is that they have straight sides.  Some cake pans have sides that are slightly slanted, for easy storage, I suppose, but makes it harder to stack layers.

I have several Nordic Ware bundt pans, which work beautifully, but have never used their regular cake pans.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 days ago
post #4 of 4

The only ones I have used were Wilton & Magic Line   ML over Wilton:) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%