Whipped Chocolate Frosting

Baking By BakersGuy Updated 15 Jul 2020 , 11:44pm by -K8memphis

BakersGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakersGuy Posted 14 Jul 2020 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 6

Hey Fam

Hope this finds everyone safe and well!  I received a request for a order of cupcakes. For the icing the client wants Whipped Chocolate Icing.  Don't get me family but I am having a hard time with this one.  Whipped Chocolate Frosting.  It's not buttercream right but it's not Cool Whip either (Thats how I was looking at it).  I am thinking it's  somewhere in the middle of the two.  

Can anyone tell me what exactly Whipped Frosting is and does anyone have a recipe for a Chocolate Whipped Frosting?

Thanks fam!

5 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 14 Jul 2020 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 6

I have no idea what it is.  I suggest you ask your customer to be a little more specific.  

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 14 Jul 2020 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 6

I did notice that when I opened your forum post, advertisments came up across the bottom of the page for Betty Crocker canned Whipped Frosting, so maybe she is thinking of store bought????

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Jul 2020 , 2:22am
post #4 of 6

I’m thinking it might be Frostin Pride or Rich’s Bettercreme.  Both are non-dairy (fake)  whipped cream icings   I know comes in chocolate—-or it did some 20 yrs ago:) 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Jul 2020 , 2:25am
post #5 of 6

That’s frostin Pride that comes in chocolate 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Jul 2020 , 11:44pm
post #6 of 6

it could be anything -- imean if you whip ganache it's a great whipped buttercream -- but who knows like sandra and lynne have already said -- yeah just ask them

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%