Valencia Icing

Decorating By AnniePBakery Updated 28 Jun 2020 , 12:59am by SandraSmiley

AnniePBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnniePBakery Posted 27 Jun 2020 , 2:24am
post #1 of 3

Hello all, new to this site and I am what I would consider an amateur baker (for friends and family-a counselor/advocate in real life...but I'd love to be a cake baker/decorator fulltime-so many beautiful baked goods ideas and sharing here!). I have forever looked for the flavoring to "wedding cake icing." I was so happy to have found on this site a post back from 2009, between a couple of ladies who identified wedding cake icing as "Valencia" flavoring. One lady was so kind to post she contacted her former Wilton instructor and reported Valencia flavor is made up of: Cherry, Almond and Vanilla Extract. I was so excited to see this post (another piece comes together). Where I live, NO ONE will share this information. Can anyone add another piece to this puzzle and share the ratio of the cherry, almond and vanilla extract to a batch of icing? Thanks to anyone in advance who can shed light on this, I do appreciate your time and effort in responding! (fish_cake And may the Good Cake Fairy watch over youangel

2 replies
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 27 Jun 2020 , 12:02pm
post #2 of 3

I honestly have never heard this, but I haven't really dont "wedding cake icing" in that sense...

Maybe me just bumping it up to keep it on top longer will help you... 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 Jun 2020 , 12:59am
post #3 of 3

Hi Annie,

I've never heard of Valencia frosting or "wedding cake" frosting, for that matter.  The combination of cherry, almond and vanilla sounds heavenly.  I always use a recipe as a suggestion only and depend upon tasting to determine how much of each flavoring to add.  Give it a try, it is fun and it works.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%