Cant See Pictures

Lounge By hails Updated 16 Jun 2020 , 11:46pm by SandraSmiley

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 10 Jun 2020 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 11

Good morning to all, quick question when I go to the gallery I on;y see some pics the rest all have a ? did something change? I 

have not been on here for a long time and never had this problem before? Thank you

10 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 Jun 2020 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 11

Hi hails,  Jackie was away for a while and spamers almost took over the site.  A lot of the pictures turned into black squares with question marks.  She is now back and has been working diligently to try and keep the spam away, but I do not know if the pictures can be recovered.  I reloaded those of mine that had disappeared, but the black ones still show up.

gen2026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gen2026 Posted 10 Jun 2020 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 11

I had this exact question - almost all the photos are missing.  :(    I came searching for some inspiration - but hard when you can't see the pictures.

Thanks for the explanation!

SandraSmiley Posted 10 Jun 2020 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 11

You are welcome, gen2026!  I did discover, just yesterday actually, that if you are interested in a particular type cake, like "wedding cake", enter Wedding Cakes in the search bar.  If the first page is blank, move on down the line to maybe page 25 or so and the pictures start showing up again.  I guess that is because they only disappeared after the bad spam attacks started.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Jun 2020 , 1:53am
post #5 of 11

I don’t even get a black sq w/a ?   On most of the pix I get the thumbnail but when you click on it no pic, just the description shows   It’s been this way for at least a year —- soooo hoping that Jackie will be able to get them all back soon 

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 12 Jun 2020 , 3:15pm
post #6 of 11

I'm able to see all the pictures when I click on gallery,but when I enter a specific type of cake, ie, communion cake there are only a few pictures avail and a whole lot of blank spaces.  Crazy

SandraSmiley Posted 12 Jun 2020 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 11

doz, if you skip to page 13, a lot more photos will start showing up.  The further back you go, the more pictures are still intact.  I guess that was about the time spam started to take over.

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 15 Jun 2020 , 12:16pm
post #8 of 11

Thank you everyone have a great day

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Jun 2020 , 4:56pm
post #9 of 11

bump

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Jun 2020 , 10:26pm
post #10 of 11