Covering Cake Circles

Decorating By TayNicole826 Updated 9 Jun 2020 , 3:56am by kakeladi

TayNicole826 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TayNicole826 Posted 5 Jun 2020 , 2:52am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone use “fancy foil” Wilton brand to cover cake circles? I’m having an issue where after decorating the cake you can see the cake sweating into the paper. Any good brands of cake foils that don’t show sweat? Also, I am not a fan of not covering my circles. 

5 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Jun 2020 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 6

I've never used it, but am wondering why the cake would be sweating....maybe grease from the buttercream?  I usually cover my boards with fondant, but if I  use some type of paper or foil, I finish it off by covering with two layers of plastic wrap.  That would work for you.

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 8 Jun 2020 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 6

There are foil cake circles available. I know they are avail in gold and silver, I assume there must be some other color options.

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 8 Jun 2020 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 6

Check on Amazon and the Wilton site for what is avail.  sorry, couldn't add to above comment.  

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 Jun 2020 , 1:41am
post #5 of 6

They do come in several colors.  I have black, silver and gold, but I've seen hot pink and a vibrant sky blue.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jun 2020 , 3:56am
post #6 of 6

If I remember right I used it years ago— don’t think I had problems   Could it be you are scrapping  the foil covering when you clean up the board or smooth the icing?   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%