Cowboy Hat Cake

Decorating By boysmomintx Updated 7 Mar 2005 , 7:08pm by boysmomintx

boysmomintx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boysmomintx Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 9

I was wondering if anyone had any clear instructions or step by step photos for a cowboy hat cake? My grandpa's birthday is April 1st, and I wanted to try it out beforehand. He is a cowboy who lives in Earth, Texas. No joke! I wanted to make him a cake, but I think this one might need some practice! I have never made one, but I would love to try it! If no one has these instructions, a boot might do just fine. Thanks for all your help!

~Jennifer~

8 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 9

Thecakemaker (aka Debbie) has a fantastic cowboy hat that she made and posted in the gallery section. Check with her! There is a cowbouy boot in the gallery section too, I asked that member for instructions but he/she never responded!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 9

I have this saved in my favorites. Love this cake!

http://www.cakeworkscentral.com/scrapbook/cowboyhat.htm

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 9

I had the same luck with the boot cake. send me your e-mail address and I will e-mail you my simple cowboy hat instructions. Haven't made a tutorial yet but will with the next cake. My cowboy hat cake is in the gallery if you want to see it.

Debbie

boysmomintx Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 9

My e-mail is [email protected]. Thanks for the help!! icon_biggrin.gif

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 9

You're quite welcome! Directions are on their way...

Debbie

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 6:28pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakemaker

I had the same luck with the boot cake.

That bugs the heck out of me!! icon_rolleyes.gif

boysmomintx Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 6:33pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks for your link, Lisa. Thanks for instructions, Debbie! Great help, you guys!!

boysmomintx Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 7:08pm
post #9 of 9

I will let you know if I can find anything on a boot cake. No luck so far. I think that's a cake it would be easier to stack sheet cakes and carve out the shape. Maybe trace the heel of the boot on parchment and carve around that template? Then cover with fondant. Hmm....how to get the lip on the top? I guess you could do a decorative trim and build that up a little higher but use 50/50 gumpaste and fondant? I am thinking out loud here. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%