Has Everyone Given Up Here?:(

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 8 May 2020 , 8:40pm by littlejewel

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 May 2020 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 33

Nothing posted for over 24 hrs:( No one has anything to say Yes I know fighting the spam and the virus is getting very old let’s do it:) Yesterday I made 1/2 dz mini loaves of peanut butter breads that went to a charity along w/some of my garden produce Didn’t take pix as I can’t post any:(

32 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 2 May 2020 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 33

That is so sweet of you, Lynne.  I am not familiar with peanut butter bread, but I bet I would like it!  Odd that you already have garden produce.  We are just now starting to prepare our gardens with only the look weather varieties, like lettuce, radishes, green onions, having been planted.

kakeladi Posted 2 May 2020 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 33

The p-n-bread is a recipe I found on the ‘ net It’s very old —from the 1930s & getting a lot of notice As for gardening remember I’m in “southern” CA We garden year round:) For the past couple weeks it’s been in the 80s & 90s already

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 2 May 2020 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 33

Thanks Kakeladi.. Will have to try this bread. Fixing to start planting this week! Can’t wait ! 

lvdenver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvdenver Posted 2 May 2020 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 33

Hello Ladies...…

Nice to see you.  I guess I've been in hiding a bit.  Not really...just doing other things.

Old roommate came and spent the day on Tues. or Weds. (I really can't remember).  But we went to Walmart...2 1/2 hours at Walmart.  That's what she does...no matter which store.  She goes around looking at Everything she can, just to 'see what's here'.  As if she hasn't been to the store a hundred times before.  Then we went to Grocery store, another hour.  And then, home to put all away, and after all of that, she cooked dinner for me!  And lots of visiting for the evening.  She didn't leave until 12:30 am.  That's late, even for me.

Weds., I spent all afternoon baking banana bread.  Apparently it's the most searched for recipe on the internet right now.  I had purchased bananas last week, so they were Ready to go.  I ended up with 12 loaves, from small to full size loaves.  Now, let's say this together...."Made a lot of neighbors happy".  Not to mention plenty for me.

Yesterday was my day of rest.  p in the morning, for about 5 hours, then needed to nap...which was over 2 hours.  I think it's really good that I don't have anybody to keep tabs on, or provide for.  Just me.  And yes, Lynne, the heat was a little brutal this week.  And I did, indeed, see the PB bread online.  I may not be in the majority, but I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter.  Nor do I care for nuts in just about any of my food.  lol

But just because I haven't been contributing here, doesn't mean I haven't been stopping in to see what you all are doing.  And as long as you are all staying safe, I'm very happy.

Keep behaving yourselves....and I will, too.

Peace!

Christie

kakeladi Posted 3 May 2020 , 12:49am
post #6 of 33

Thanks you 3 for checking in:) Right now I have a lg & mini loaf of squash bread in the oven; next will be applesauce, then a lemon poppyseed (maybe w/blueberry) All will go to a special place that works w/hardcore problem kids & gives out Saturday dinners

SandraSmiley Posted 3 May 2020 , 12:58am
post #7 of 33

I am going to check out the Peanut Butter bread.  I love anything with peanut butter, lol.  For some reason, I thought you lived about mid-way of the state, Lynne, like around Sacramento.  Don't know where I got that bright idea.  My husband was born in Hollywood and lived in Glendale before he moved to Tennessee.

Hey, Christie!  Glad you had a great day with your friend.  You probably needed it.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 3 May 2020 , 12:07pm
post #8 of 33

I have to say that I gave up on almost everything, including CC. Last week was not a good one. I work, I sleep and that's it. I'm so... I don't even know what I am. I think I'm slowly falling into depression, again.

SandraSmiley Posted 3 May 2020 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 33

So sorry to hear that, Julie.  Try to stay as positive as you can and come talk to us if you need to.  Hugs XOXO

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 3 May 2020 , 4:37pm
post #10 of 33

I have been doing house work, homeschooling, cooking, and  baking.   I didn't know a teenage boy could eat so much. I made 2 pizzas one day last week and my son ate a whole one by himself while me and my husband had just finished our first slice. I have been grooming myself, normally I get my face waxed and  my hair done, those ladies and gentlemen stylist deserve every dollar they get. I haven't bought any meal from a restaurant, the thought just scares me. What do you have planned for this week?

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 3 May 2020 , 9:39pm
post #11 of 33

I found a treasure this week, an old heavy aluminum one piece pound cake pan. In my opinion the most coveted pan in all of pound cake world, and now it's mine! I have all the heavy Nordic ware bundt pans, but they don't hold a candle to this one.  Sandra, kakeladi, you all know I was having problems with my pound cakes having sticky top crust. Well it dawned on me that 20 plus yrs ago when I was the poundcake Queen around these parts, that I didn't use a kitchen scale, I would just measure my flour in the cup and level it off. Well, being curious, I measured my flour like I used to do and then weighed it and what'd ya know!! It was 15 grams off! So I just took a pound cake out of the oven and it was beautiful! Evidently by weighing the flour according to the experts it wasn't enough. My cakes were just too dense with that sticky top. By just adding 15 more grams, I have a beauty. I just love all of you, you totally give your knowledge free of charge and so kindly. You just never know in baking how a tiny little thing can be the difference between success and failure. I made a coconut cake for someone this week (she has her own restaurant) and she said it was by far the best she had had in her entire life! So in my world, it has been a very good baking week......love you my CC peeps

SandraSmiley Posted 3 May 2020 , 11:19pm
post #12 of 33

I have always done my own nails and hair.  I cut Mike's hair and he cuts mine (which is super easy, since it just has to be cut sort of rounded across the bottom - I cut my bangs), so we are not missing a thing except restaurants.  

MamaGeese, so happy you remembered your method and it worked for you!  Come to think of it, I am still using my old pound cake recipe which is in cups and spoons instead of measurements.  You are absolutely right, the least little, insignificant seeming thing can make or break a bake!  I think I have one of the heavy aluminum one-piece tube pans you are describing.  I thought mine was especially for chiffon cakes because it has little "feet" around the top edge so it can be inverted to allow the cake to release.  Since I don't like chiffon cakes, I've always used it for pound cakes and it's my favorite for fruit cakes.

MamaGeese Posted 4 May 2020 , 12:14am
post #13 of 33

Aren't they wonderful? I will never part with this pan! Oh I agree, my husband and I are both retired on social security, so our lives haven't really changed. We never went out much anyway. We have a garden, cook at home and love it. I hate the hardships brought to younger people though. 

kakeladi Posted 4 May 2020 , 12:41am
post #14 of 33

So good to hear from all of you! Since I’m alone for yrs now I tend to forget about there being others to care for/feed/homeschool!! Today I baked a 9x5 loaf & mini loaf of chunky apple bread; then I tried making up my own recipe for lem on /blueberry bread— it turned out more like a pudding cake It over flowed the pan & my!! did those scrapes ever taste great! I won’t get to eat any as it goes to a “soup kitchen “ place Might make a regular lemon poppyseed loaf tomorrow Wore myself out totally Not fun/easy as daughter was also using the kitchen so we kept getting in ea others way:( BTW: add walnuts to the list of no can find in the stores:( All kinds of almonds, cashews, pistachio,peanut,trail mix,etc but not one walnut Could not’t ck W-M as the line to get in the store was about 1/4 mile long —in the sun! Not just today but yesterday too If I wake & feel like it I might try again tomorrow from 7-8 am

kakeladi Posted 4 May 2020 , 12:41am
post #15 of 33

So good to hear from all of you! Since I’m alone for yrs now I tend to forget about there being others to care for/feed/homeschool!! Today I baked a 9x5 loaf & mini loaf of chunky apple bread; then I tried making up my own recipe for lem on /blueberry bread— it turned out more like a pudding cake It over flowed the pan & my!! did those scrapes ever taste great! I won’t get to eat any as it goes to a “soup kitchen “ place Might make a regular lemon poppyseed loaf tomorrow Wore myself out totally Not fun/easy as daughter was also using the kitchen so we kept getting in ea others way:( BTW: add walnuts to the list of no can find in the stores:( All kinds of almonds, cashews, pistachio,peanut,trail mix,etc but not one walnut Could not’t ck W-M as the line to get in the store was about 1/4 mile long —in the sun! Not just today but yesterday too If I wake & feel like it I might try again tomorrow from 7-8 am

mahtc2016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahtc2016 Posted 4 May 2020 , 12:48am
post #16 of 33

Ivdenver, did you ever find yeast?

SandraSmiley Posted 4 May 2020 , 12:49am
post #17 of 33

Lynne, try pecans, if you can find them.  I much prefer the flavor and rarely use walnuts.

kakeladi Posted 4 May 2020 , 3:42am
post #18 of 33

I don’t recall seeing any of them either I won’t have to go to W-M in the am Daughter decided to go tonight and got what I needed

kakeladi Posted 4 May 2020 , 3:42am
post #19 of 33

I don’t recall seeing any of them either I won’t have to go to W-M in the am Daughter decided to go tonight and got what I needed

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 4 May 2020 , 5:23am
post #20 of 33

I mostly just scroll. Sometimes I have trouble logging in, so I don’t bother to comment.

I love all of the different breads, bet your kitchen smells wonderful. I haven’t baked anything lately. 

Can’t wait till all of this is over. Y’all take care.

MamaGeese Posted 4 May 2020 , 2:06pm
post #21 of 33

Can anyone explain to me what all these psychic ads are doing on CC ? Never seen all this before on here

SandraSmiley Posted 4 May 2020 , 2:16pm
post #22 of 33

Just more of the disgusting spam, MamaGeese.  Psychics are better than penis enlargers, anyway.  There sure are some nasty people in the world.

MamaGeese Posted 4 May 2020 , 3:27pm
post #23 of 33

Yes there are, disgusting.

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 4 May 2020 , 4:10pm
post #24 of 33

Well, apparently I am becoming a better housekeeper in my old age.  The first thing I do in the mornings is make the bed. Can you believe it? I'm absolutely amazed. There might be something to this staying home business.

We're in the 100s almost daily now.  Had a fun time last week - - Wednesday BOTH of our air conditioners decided they were done. And we just thought we were going to put some money in savings. How droll!

Stores and restaurants have opened back up here at 25% capacity so we got burgers yesterday. They were really good! They're still limiting quantities but most of the shelves are stocked.

It's been so long since I've baked anything I thought I would start off easy with some chocolate chip cookies this afternoon. Hubby has an awful sweet tooth and I'm ready for some good smells in my house. We have neighbors but everybody around here kind of keeps to themselves so I don't know anyone and don't really have anyone to give stuff to.  I need to remedy that. Maybe I'll drop some off at the crack house across the alley - lol. (Not altogether sure that's a joke.)

So glad everybody is keeping well. Hang in there.

SandraSmiley Posted 4 May 2020 , 6:13pm
post #25 of 33

Our favorite Italian restaurant has reopened at half capacity and we are going, with our neighbors, tomorrow evening to celebrate Mike's birthday, which was yesterday.  They are closed on Sunday and Monday.  They make the most amazing homemade pizzas and calzones!  Throw in a good salad and bottle of wine, and I am in Heaven!  This is the first time in about three months we've been able to go out and I am excited to spend time with friends.

kakeladi Posted 4 May 2020 , 6:49pm
post #26 of 33

Hamburgers! We have a small chain called In-N-out that makes the best I’ve gone thru the drive through a couple times over the past few weeks but they will not let any one sit at their patio tables Either take home or in the car:( I sooo wanted to sit in the sun :) My favorite Italian restaurant has a great plate of moshroom speg (w/all the salad & bread you want) & they are open for p/up — did that about 10 days ago But—but our governor just extended the lockdown until June so it’ll be awhile before this area starts Bach to normal:(

lvdenver Posted 4 May 2020 , 8:45pm
post #27 of 33

Sandra....

Going Out for Pizza, and all the trimmings, sounds Wonderful!  I'm sure you'll have a great time!  And give hubby a belated Happy Birthday from Whittier!

Lynne....In-n-Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Best!   I haven't had one for years.  But there might be one in my future  I spoke with my Aunt, mom's sister, yesterday and she wants me to come visit her and stay a couple of nights.  She lives in the Redlands area.  She said we could go out for a meal since she is getting a bit of cabin fever.  And she Specifically said In-n-out!  now I just have to figure out if I can get over my agoraphobia and go see her.  I don't think that's quite an accurate description for me because it's not a fear of going outside, it's a fear of being around people I don't know, or haven't seen in a Long time.  She fits in that last category.  I'll try to remember to bring this up with my phone session with my shrink on Friday. 

I Really think I would have a great time!  But there are a few speed bumps for me to get over before I can go.  One is a Crazy funny one, involving my cat.  He  gets very Lonely when I am not here, and Cries....Loudly.  Like last night, whe I went out for last break at 11:30

This message is acting weird on me, again.  It won't let me add to the paragraph above!

So....Last night, when I was out at the front gate, about 15-20 yards, I left my front door open, screen closed.  As I sat, in the quiet, I heard a 'MEOOOWWWWW!!!', and almost mournful.  It's the first time this season that I've heard hi do it.  I swear...he gets lonely while I'm gone for 8-12 minutes!  It's hilarious!  But I think he does it when I'm gone....like gone, gone.  And I don't want him to be that sad if I am gone for 2-3 days.  And then there is the fact of I'm not sure if I need somebody to keep watch, and feed him, etc.  I know that he was alone once, for that long, when I went to Vegas with friend Lisa.  

Oh my.....I've lost my train of thought again.  I'm sorry ladies.  Then again you all might be glad I stop typing.  lol

Lynne...do we have the same Governor?  I didn't hear today's Noon Update on the COVID situation.  Is the whole state now on lockdown till June?  Why doesn't the government just come out and tell us that this IS the New way of life...The New World Order is taking over, and life as we knew it, is gone!  lol  It's beginning to feel like it.

Okay ladies....Have a good afternoon  Keep your chin up!     (I was going to say 'keep your chins up', but that made me think of my ugly neck, and all the extra chins I have underneath!  lol)

Peace!

SandraSmiley Posted 4 May 2020 , 9:51pm
post #28 of 33

Christie, I will extend your wishes to Mike, thank you!  Why don't you take your kitty with you.  Having him along might even help you with your uneasiness around unfamiliar people and situations.  People are so weird!  I've never been uncomfortable around strangers, but I hate to fly because I don't like to be confined with a lot of people.  It makes me nervous and jerky!  Actually, I think I just don't like to be confined.  Never taken a cruise because I would not be able to get off when I wanted.  On the other hand, I absolutely adore a trip on a private sail boat.

lvdenver Posted 5 May 2020 , 2:17am
post #29 of 33

Sandra....If I had ever taken Moosie anywhere out of the house, besides the Vet, I might think about it.  He is, after all, thanks to a Very nice shrink, classified as a Comfort Animal.  But He is more afraid of people, and just loud noises, than I am.  I know that he would just Run the first moment he is out of the carrier.  And he would find the deepest, farthest underneath couch or bed, and not come out!  I think it would be easier to apologize to the neighbors, than spend a lot of time crawling around looking for Moosie at Aunt Lynette's house.  lolololol  But It IS a wonderful thought!

Later, Gator!

Peace!

kakeladi Posted 5 May 2020 , 5:25am
post #30 of 33

......Lynne...do we have the same Governor? ..... Last time I checked we both live in CA:) .....I didn't hear today's Noon Update on the COVID situation. Is the whole state now on lockdown till June?..... That’s what I heard yesterday —all of CA unlock down til June event/the protests I know several extreme northern counties are ignoring the ban as they don’t have any cases at all One of the counties just north of me (marisposa) didn’t have any until just a week-10 days ago & according to news reports 1-2 showed up & w/in 2 days the count more than tripled :(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%