And I Think To Myself What A Wonderful World

Lounge By theresaf Updated 25 Apr 2020 , 12:21pm by Laetia

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 27

Good Morning All!

Here on Long Island, New York we had some wild weather yesterday but I heard it was supposed to clear up around sunset.  This is a harbor town so I went down to the closed town dock but snagged a parallel parking spot right across from the setting sun. It started pouring again but the sun was still out,  Clouds, rain and sun - isn't that a perfect reflection of our lives right now?!   Oh Mother Nature, you get me!  Thank you God!  I rolled down the passenger side window and started videoing from my phone and taking pictures.  My radio was still playing and one of my favorite relaxing songs came on.  Suede by Marion Meadows, which is very reminiscent of Petula Clark's Don't Sleep in the Subway.  If you want to see the video go to my Instagram page, ultimate_treatsa

In the meantime here's a rain/sun/cloud picture and an after-the-rain picture.  Hope it lifts you up like it did to me!   Let's see some more of that in your neighborhood!

Hugs,

Theresa

And I Think To Myself What A Wonderful WorldAnd I Think To Myself What A Wonderful World

26 replies
Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 27

Theresa what a lovely reminder that it is still a wonderful world. Pictures are awesome. I heard there were tornados up that way, glad you were able to get to the beach. I am just north of Houston in Texas. Weather has been a mix between rain and sun. 

The knock out roses are mine. The other flowers are from the gardens in front of the hospital where I work. I like to eat dinner out there when the weather is nice.

And I Think To Myself What A Wonderful WorldAnd I Think To Myself What A Wonderful WorldAnd I Think To Myself What A Wonderful WorldAnd I Think To Myself What A Wonderful WorldAnd I Think To Myself What A Wonderful World

theresaf Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 27

Hi Marian

The flowers are all beautiful - thank you for sharing them!  I haven't been to the Houston area in a number of years but I have fantastic food memories of Houston!  And other wonderful memories!

You work in a hospital!  My very best wishes and thanks to you and all of those who are in the caregiving field.  I hope this feeling of appreciation for caregivers lasts longer than this current pandemic.

T

Marian64 Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 4:12pm
post #4 of 27

We do love our food! Glad you have good memories. 

I hope people are just more appreciative in general to those who are in services and trades. We could use a little more kindness in the world. 

Thanks, 

Marian

theresaf Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 27

Marian

My favorite Houston food memory is going to a restaurant with my husband and as we were being seated, the waitress asked if she could bring us something to eat to start!  Oh heaven!!   My least favorite and funniest memory is a waiter not understanding my New York English and me not understanding his Texas drawl!  I still enjoy both those memories!!!

Marian64 Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 5:32pm
post #6 of 27

Theresa good memories. I drove through New York a couple of years ago when moving my niece back from Maine. I was in a u-haul and couldn’t exit. I was on the Tappen Zee early on Sunday morning, so didn’t get to see much. Hope to plan a trip there one day.

it looks like we are under a tornado watch now. There is no rain at the moment. So hopefully the storms want get this far.

theresaf Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 5:50pm
post #7 of 27

Auntie Em!  I hope no tornado or even strong winds that will knock the flowers off their stems! Fingers crossed!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 9:29pm
post #8 of 27

Thanks for all those wonderful pictures!! I so love the vibrant colors and those wonderful sunsets:) ! What beauty God created for us to enjoy especially when things are not going so well in general It make us stop & enjoy something renewing our happiness

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 10:22pm
post #9 of 27

What beautiful pictures Theresa. A gift for the soul..

And Marian64...my oh my. Here in Cantwell don’t get blooms like this until mid June. It’s been sooo darn cold here. Probably similar to theresaf. Actually snow flurries last 2 days. Grrrrrrr. Usually by now, it’s 65-68 degrees. It’s been anywhere from 32 to 40 degrees. So not usual April weather..   :o(

jchuck Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 11:12pm
post #10 of 27

Sandra has already seen this picture on my fb page. On my walk the other day, I came across two mallard ducks in the creek that runs through a park near our home. I’ve walked by this creek 100’s of times, and never been fortunate enough to see any ducks. Was my fortunate day!!!  ❤️

jchuck Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 11:14pm
post #11 of 27

Sandra has already seen this picture on my fb page. On my walk the other day, I came across two mallard ducks in the creek that runs through a park near our home. I’ve walked by this creek 100’s of times, and never been fortunate enough to see any ducks. Was my fortunate day!!!  ❤️

Marian64 Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 11:24pm
post #12 of 27

Love the ducks. My walks are usually in my neighborhood or at a near by park that is just ordinary. We have been in the lower 80’s here. 

The storms have missed us. Here is the sun trying to peak out.

jchuck Posted 22 Apr 2020 , 11:38pm
post #13 of 27

Lovely picture Marion64.... ❤️

theresaf Posted 23 Apr 2020 , 12:02am
post #14 of 27

June - that picture is great!  And Marian happy the storm passed you by!

My sister takes pictures of what's blooming during her morning run and then sends it to all of us siblings with a song background.  I appreciate it because I hate running but I get the benefit of what she gets to see!  There are a lot of flowers blooming and shrubs coming to life around here - my azalea bushes are green at least.  Azaleas are my favorite May flower.  There's a house in town and their azalea bush covers the bottom two windows of their house, When it blooms I try to drive by every day,  I've even taken a picture from my car (hmm I guess I do that more than I thought!) because it seems very intrusive to take a picture of someone else's house.  But if I can find the picture on my phone from last year I will attach it.  It's sooo beautiful.

jchuck Posted 23 Apr 2020 , 12:12am
post #15 of 27

How fun....daily pictures and a song. And azaleas are so very pretty...

theresaf Posted 23 Apr 2020 , 12:13am
post #16 of 27

OOh I found it - this picture is from May 2017 but I think you will see why I am in love with it!

jchuck Posted 23 Apr 2020 , 12:18am
post #17 of 27

Wow, a beautiful bush. Not sure I like the location tho. Blocks the porch and the front window. Plus stopping light coming in. Gotta say that would drive me crazy the bush blocking my views. 

theresaf Posted 23 Apr 2020 , 1:03am
post #18 of 27

Oh I definitely agree with that June!  It's great from the street but from inside I wouldn't like it either.  But really I have never seen one that big before!

Marian64 Posted 23 Apr 2020 , 2:13am
post #19 of 27

Now that is an azalea bush. I have seen some bigs ones, but I am sure they weren’t that big. I do love when they bloom.  

jchuck Posted 23 Apr 2020 , 11:28am
post #20 of 27

Holy crap on a cracker....the darn spammers are even infiltrating our conversations now!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr.... 

theresaf Posted 23 Apr 2020 , 11:36am
post #21 of 27

I saw that when I woke up too

Dang it!! Foot stomp!

jchuck Posted 23 Apr 2020 , 3:18pm
post #22 of 27

I’d like to do more than a foot stomp!!!!! But unfortunately ain’t nuttin we can do....   :o(

jchuck Posted 23 Apr 2020 , 8:01pm
post #23 of 27

Bumpity Bump Bump 

Marian64 Posted 24 Apr 2020 , 5:56pm
post #24 of 27

I went to grab a burger on my way to work.  The livestock is practicing social distancing. 

Marian64 Posted 24 Apr 2020 , 5:56pm
post #25 of 27

I went to grab a burger on my way to work.  The livestock is practicing social distancing. 

jchuck Posted 24 Apr 2020 , 6:58pm
post #26 of 27

Ha Ha....  :o)

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 25 Apr 2020 , 12:21pm
post #27 of 27

Bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%