Brownie Texture

Baking By iris.19 Updated 24 Mar 2020 , 3:29pm by SandraSmiley

iris.19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris.19 Posted 16 Mar 2020 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 5

Usually, my brownies turn out moist and chocolatey, not really like cake brownies. I've used this recipe many times however the last two times they've come out like cake brownies and I even had to take them out earlier. the only difference was that I used metal pans instead of glass could this be the reason or am I doing something wrong all of a sudden?   

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Mar 2020 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 5

I don’t think glass vs metal would have that much effect but then I’m not that knowledgeable on the science of baking To me it sounds like there might be a problem with your oven as you seem to be having other baking problems The other things to check out are the ingredients Any new flour, sugar, baking powder or baking soda or any other ingredients? Are you positive you measured correctly? Maybe rather than new ingredients could any be old thereby ineffective? Go through everything just to be sure

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 17 Mar 2020 , 12:02am
post #3 of 5

The same recipe baked in metal pans will be considerably different baked in glass pans.  I often use corning ware pie pans and the crusts do not bake as quickly as in metal pans.  Go back to the glass one for your next batch and see if you get the same results as before.

I always make a dense, fudgy type brownie, but it is my understanding that adding an additional egg(s) will make it more cake like.  I never do, so cannot verify personally.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Mar 2020 , 10:17am
post #4 of 5

Bump

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 5

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%