Decorating By ladyboutwell Updated 24 Mar 2020 , 3:22pm by SandraSmiley

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Mar 2020 , 10:23am
post #31 of 40

Bump

weluvpiggies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weluvpiggies Posted 17 Mar 2020 , 8:46pm
post #32 of 40

My buttercream recipe always gets rave reviews!  My secret is that I don't use butter, I use Earth Balance sticks.  I use the Wilton BC recipe with 1/2 shortening and 1/2 Earth Balance sticks and it's awesome.  I can't eat dairy anymore, but butter has such a strong flavor itself that when I use the vegan 'butter' that has a very mild flavor the flavorings added really stand out and don't have to compete with the butter flavor. HTH!

ladyboutwell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyboutwell Posted 17 Mar 2020 , 11:43pm
post #33 of 40

thanks

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 18 Mar 2020 , 6:10pm
post #34 of 40

Bump.....Bump.....

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 18 Mar 2020 , 6:10pm
post #35 of 40

Bump.....Bump.....

ladyboutwell Posted 18 Mar 2020 , 6:36pm
post #36 of 40

well its looking better I used butter and all vanilla and left out the merguine powder beat it longer thanks very much

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 18 Mar 2020 , 10:19pm
post #37 of 40

Good!  I find that it works even better if you can make it a day ahead and let the frosting set for several hours.  When you get ready to use it, stir it with a rubber scraper a few turns and it seems to knock out the air bubbles.

iris.19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris.19 Posted 19 Mar 2020 , 5:24am
post #38 of 40

i was looking at all kinds of buttercream that isnt too sweet or buttery for a cake im doing tomorrow, for what you want i think Italian meringue buttercream might work. its like SMBC but more stable and sweats less, its also not too sweet. you can also try what sandra and jchuck mentioned, if its too buttery keep mixing until the flavor is gone heres a recipe for italian meringue buttercream, hope that helps a little bit https://sugargeekshow.com/recipe/italian-meringue-buttercream/

ladyboutwell Posted 19 Mar 2020 , 10:24am
post #39 of 40

thanks

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 3:22pm
post #40 of 40

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%