Cake Tutorials?

Decorating By Moonstone.lady Updated 28 Mar 2020 , 12:18am by doz

Moonstone.lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moonstone.lady Posted 12 Mar 2020 , 8:26am
post #1 of 11

I need some suggestions on cake decorating tutorials on YouTube or another platform, but they must be free. I know of Yolanda on YouTube but most her cakes are just carving. I’m hoping for more themed cakes that don’t always involve carving. Sugar geek show has amazing tutorials but a lot of them are online courses which I can’t afford right now.

10 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Mar 2020 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 11

Just a bump here

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 12 Mar 2020 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 11

There are a million tutorials on YouTube which are free.  All you need to do is enter the type of cake or technique in which you are interested into the search engine and start enjoying!

Many, many wonderful, free videos are done by Man About Cake, who is also found on Bluprint/Craftsy.  Just enter "Man About Cake" into the search engine and check him out on YouTube.

Edna de la Cruz of Design Me A Cake has many great videos on all stages of cake baking, stacking, and even how to make a rose, that are free.  She does have paid DVD's as well.

Sedar Yener, Yener's Way is a fantastic teacher, who also has many wonderful tips and techniques which are free videos, as well as paid classes for his elaborate cake designs.

Paul Bradford's CakeFlix is another wonderful teaching site.  While he has paid memberships, he too has free tutorials.

And, last but not least, is good pole Wilton.  If you are fairly new to decorating, Wilton is the perfect place to start.  Their goal is to make cake decorating accessible to everyone and the teach everything from the basics to fairly advanced decorating.  They are all free.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 13 Mar 2020 , 11:33am
post #4 of 11

Bump

SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 11

Wondering if you have checked out any of the YouTube videos?  Here is a link to Katherine Perez's YouTube channel.  This one is in Spanish, but she also has an English channel.  There is little talking anyway, so enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLlIgYkYoTlaISzle6wdqrQ

Moonstone.lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moonstone.lady Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 7:52pm
post #6 of 11

Thank you so much Sandra! Those are really helpful 

kakeladi Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 11

I’m so bummed out I can’t see any of those things My phone just won’t connect & can’t get to the library computers :( Sick of tv already Tried looking for things to make w/oat flour but again the recipes won’t load Ok somehow I need to find some happy

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 2:37am
post #8 of 11

You are very welcome, Moonstone.lady.

Lynne, let me know what recipes you are trying to print and I will post them here for you, if you like.

kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 3:56am
post #9 of 11

Sandra The problem is I don’t know what I want:) Don’t know that I ever used oat flour but daughter bought a giant box of oats saying it could be used as flour :)

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 10:01pm
post #10 of 11

Lynne, I thought I posted a recipe for Banana Bread made with Oat Flour!  I wonder where it went?

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 28 Mar 2020 , 12:18am
post #11 of 11

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%